Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Cisco Certified Network Associate

Old 06-16-2003, 12:04 AM
sinthetiq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cisco Certified Network Associate

is it worth it to get this?
Old 06-16-2003, 12:10 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't know. i took all the classes and could have taken the major test but just never did. i suppose if you wanted a job doing cisco stuff, it would help, but i've never seen a need for it. but i've never really liked doing cisco stuff anyway. :dunno:
Old 06-16-2003, 12:18 AM
sinthetiq

Originally posted by flipped cracker
i don't know. i took all the classes and could have taken the major test but just never did. i suppose if you wanted a job doing cisco stuff, it would help, but i've never seen a need for it. but i've never really liked doing cisco stuff anyway. :dunno:
how does it work? how long did the classes take? do you jus take a test after u take the classes and if u pass, u get it?

i jus graduated college .. jus lookin for some stuff to build up my resume
Old 06-16-2003, 12:26 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

the classes were part of my schooling. 4 "semesters" as they call it. 9 weeks each. you take small tests on the chapters as you go and then a final exam (which is just questions from those chapters on a longer test....same questions even for the most part). all the tests in the class are online and multiple choice. and once you've taken cisco 1-4, you can take the real test (which costs money of course). it's like $100 to take the major test i think. and it's not multiple choice (some of it might be, but definitely not all of it). it's mostly hand-on....you have to fix a problem, or set up routers and switches and stuff. i know i wouldn't have passed the test if i took it because we didn't learn all the stuff we would have needed.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:27 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

btw, my second degree is actually based on the cisco classes i took but i'm not cisco certified. go figure. h:
Old 06-16-2003, 12:29 AM
TidusBlue
Long Lost Lurker

you can make major bank by being cisco certified... It's totally worth it if you can afford it.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:31 AM
sinthetiq

Originally posted by flipped cracker
the classes were part of my schooling. 4 "semesters" as they call it. 9 weeks each. you take small tests on the chapters as you go and then a final exam (which is just questions from those chapters on a longer test....same questions even for the most part). all the tests in the class are online and multiple choice. and once you've taken cisco 1-4, you can take the real test (which costs money of course). it's like $100 to take the major test i think. and it's not multiple choice (some of it might be, but definitely not all of it). it's mostly hand-on....you have to fix a problem, or set up routers and switches and stuff. i know i wouldn't have passed the test if i took it because we didn't learn all the stuff we would have needed.
wow, u took 4 courses and didnt take the test? how is it part of your schooling?
Old 06-16-2003, 12:33 AM
sinthetiq

Originally posted by TidusBlue
you can make major bank by being cisco certified... It's totally worth it if you can afford it.
afford? its jus $100 for the test and 4 courses at a cc?
Old 06-16-2003, 12:33 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Originally posted by sinthetiq
wow, u took 4 courses and didnt take the test? how is it part of your schooling?
cause i went to a tech school, and the school was a cisco certified school (so they could teach the classes) and they made us take the classes (since i was a networking major).
Old 06-16-2003, 12:40 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

i think it was just $100 for us because we took all the classes and stuff. looking at prices online, i see between $100 and $200 for each test. there's a lot of tests you can take. books are expensive too. i still have all my cisco books somewhere.