Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Anyone been drafted by a motorcycle?

Old 06-13-2003, 10:31 PM
SuperSlow87
H-A G/\|v|3R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone been drafted by a motorcycle?

Hmm... I was driving down 87 tonight and got to a stretch between Morgan Hill and San Jose where there are few streetlamps. Anyway, I had this feeling that something was not quite right and keep checking my mirrors but never seeing anything in them.

A light ahead changes and only when my breaklights come on do I notice a motorcycle with its headlights off following me about 15-20 ft behind my car. I guess he was drafting or using me as a windbreak or something.

Has this ever happened to anyone, motorcyclists do you guys do this often?
Old 06-13-2003, 10:40 PM
Tirod

sounds like a big stupid idiot
Old 06-14-2003, 08:42 AM
STOCK96civicDX
I take care of my member

i attempted to draft behind a car once, wasn't worth it. only reason i did it was because i was freezing my ass off and me and my girl were returning a rental car. after about 2 miles of attempting it, i decided it wasn't worth it as i couldn't get close enough to her bumper and be comfortable doing it.

I have drafted behind 18-wheelers before, they don't like it. was freezing my ass off and had been on the bike for prolly 14 hours at that point, somewhere around 800 miles on a 1000 mile trip. the tractor trailer was cutting the wind great for me, but he kept slowing WAY down to get me off his ass. i was staying 10 feet behind him. i tried it with 2 more before i gave up, they wouldn't let me stay behind them. it's an unsafe practice anyway, even though motorcycles can stop more than twice as fast as a car in the event of an emergency. whoever was drafting behind you was an idiot. i hate seeing other motorcyclists being stupid, hence the reason i don't do that crap myself anymore.