Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

females in the infantry...your thoughts

Old 05-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default females in the infantry...your thoughts

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...antry-041911w/

every Marine i know is totally against the idea mainly because of the same reasons brought up in that article. :crazyr:
Old 05-19-2011, 02:24 AM
fathergoat
:3

the kitchen is a battlefield...
Old 05-19-2011, 05:23 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

this girl i know just joined the marines, she's like 19, 100 lbs, 5'3". i don't know wtf she's going to do.

doesn't seem like the marine type, so we'll see
Old 05-19-2011, 05:27 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

if they are qualified, let them do it. plus more sex for you out in teh deserted desert.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:44 AM
BetterBob
Nobama

Would not hit it.

Also, if it's an all female squad, why not.

I can see why having a mixed squad could be a problem though.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:08 AM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Are chicks allowed to fly helichoppers and drive thanks and shit?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by CRAIGHIMSELF
Are chicks allowed to fly helichoppers and drive thanks and shit?
they can fly helicopters and jets but no jobs that would put them in direct ground combat ie. the infantry, tanks, etc.

having been doing this job for the last 3 and a half years, i have yet to come across any female that can do what we do. not saying they arent out there, but they're few and far between. it's also going to be a huge logistical nightmare from a training standpoint. in boot camp all females are segragated from males but once in the school of infantry where would you put one female in a class of 50-80 males? would she get her own entire barracks to herself? what about a personal shower and toilet? in boot camp i had to share a urinal with 2-3 other guys, at once. :hsugh:
Old 05-19-2011, 07:22 AM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Originally Posted by Snoopy
they can fly helicopters and jets but no jobs that would put them in direct ground combat ie. the infantry, tanks, etc.

having been doing this job for the last 3 and a half years, i have yet to come across any female that can do what we do. not saying they arent out there, but they're few and far between. it's also going to be a huge logistical nightmare from a training standpoint. in boot camp all females are segragated from males but once in the school of infantry where would you put one female in a class of 50-80 males? would she get her own entire barracks to herself? what about a personal shower and toilet? in boot camp i had to share a urinal with 2-3 other guys, at once. :hsugh:
Here is how I see it. Females should know this ration and problematic issues with being surrounded with overwhelming number of males. That being said, they should be treated as the same. No need for their own individual barracks, no individual bathrooms, nada. Its goddamn war, not middle school. Yes, there are threats of males abusing this so they should set VERY VERY strict punishments if lines are crossed. Same goes for the female. If either fuck up, with proof (I know, thats another story), then hasta la vista. God, it must be hard for LT to change his tampon with dudes whistling at his every move.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:51 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having been camping out in the middle of the desert and in the mountains, etc, I know that feminine hygiene cannot be maintained in those conditions. Imagine the bears!

But ferreal, you can't give them any special treatment. This means they are sleeping, showering, shitting with hundreds of dudes. Seems like this is an open invitation for trouble.

And they should also be required to perform the exact same physical tasks the men are. Carrying a 75lb pack, stacking sandbags, whatever physical stuff a normal marine does. Just from a physiological standpoint, probably less than 10% of the female population is physically capable of this. So they would have to be sure to strain out the wussies.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Tobra

stupidest idea in recent memory

I can't imagine any potential benefit to the combat readiness of our armed forces, LOTS of downsides