Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Anyone live in Santa Clara, CA? Apartment?

Old 06-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Neur0sis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone live in Santa Clara, CA? Apartment?

I am probabally going to be relocating to Santa Clara for a job, and wanted to know if anyone might have a reccomendation for an apartment complex, or a nice place to live. Also, interested in hearing horror stories, and places to stay away from...

Interested in a 1br place... something nice, but it won't break the bank each month for rent.

Any suggestions? I have already been looking online at places like craigslist.org, rent.com and apartments.com ... some of those places have been showing nice "looking" units, but the reviews are terrible.

:thumbup:
Old 06-04-2003, 11:14 AM
mayonaise

i don't live there, but my dad's company is there. what i can tell you is there is a good stretch of el camino, from about wolfe to maybe san thomas, that is considered to be a 'korea-town'. lots of korean shops, markets, restraunts, etc. what is interesting is recently that area has been infested with indians. completely infested. i don't mean to imply anything, i'm just offering whatever i know about santa clara - which isn't much... :dunno:
i will ask a friend that grew up there when i run into him. i know there are definately areas to avoid, where some of his friends break into cars and shit... not good
Old 06-04-2003, 05:57 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Damn man, it's gonna be bank living down there. Last time I lived there(about 5-6 years ago) a two bedroom apt was renting for $1300. And we're not talking nice apartment either. There are some nice apts near Kiely and Mauricia Ave. If ur going down Kiely towards Stevens Creek, Mauricia is gonna be the last street you can turn left on before Stevens Creek, it's about 2-3 blocks before it. Make that left and follow it down to the end. When you get to the end of that road(maybe 2-3 blocks), the complex sitting right across the street right in front of you is nice. It's got a nice setting, waterfall, swans in the pond, pool, it's nice. Stay away from the apartments on Kiely right past Maruicia, straight ghetto. And stay away from the apts by Wilcox High School off of Monroe. I wouldn't stay at any of the apts just off of El Camino either, especially the ones behind K-Mart on El Camino and Halford Ave. But there are some nice ones on the other side of Halford. But check the newspaper bro, I think the prices are gonna shock the hell out of you.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:47 PM
mayonaise

alright, my friend tells me that there used to be areas where cars got broken into a lot, and stuff like that, but that he thinks it doesn't really happen anymore. so, i dunno. take your chances. most of the areas are pretty nice. it is pretty expensive, as most of the south bay area is. good luck!
Old 06-05-2003, 06:28 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by mayonaise
alright, my friend tells me that there used to be areas where cars got broken into a lot, and stuff like that, but that he thinks it doesn't really happen anymore. so, i dunno. take your chances. most of the areas are pretty nice. it is pretty expensive, as most of the south bay area is. good luck!
Cars get broken into no matter where you go, that's just life.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Neur0sis

Thanks for the tips guys... I have been looking at this place off Newhall/Scott street. Seems like a nice complex. The rent is $$$$, as i figured... but I'd rather pay for a nicer place, than live in the straight ghetto.

Any other info is appreciated.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:41 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

thats where Alfred Hitchcock's Shadow of a Doubt was filmed
Old 06-05-2003, 10:44 PM
DB7 2.0
Banned

my previous apartment community was called Santa Clara :exnbp:
i miss that place :wtc: