Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Mountain Bike Crew v. snow is melting

Old 05-14-2011, 09:00 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SHIT! I just saw the msrp on the thing.

:thumbup:
Old 05-14-2011, 09:50 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it was a tad above my budget. Thank god I know the manager!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Joe

Nice

Any tips for clipless noobs? My bike came with some shimano spd, I won't put em on just yet since I'm not used to the bike.
Something tells me I'll have a few embarrassing falls. :chuckles:
Old 05-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Llamaguy

The worst is when you're to move up a few feet and don't want to clip in but accidentally do. Then you freak out and fall on your face :facepalm:
Old 05-15-2011, 08:29 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by Joe
Nice

Any tips for clipless noobs? My bike came with some shimano spd, I won't put em on just yet since I'm not used to the bike.
Something tells me I'll have a few embarrassing falls. :chuckles:
Just practice man. What I did was ride around my neighborhood and made frequent stops...and every time I am about to stop, tell myself, clip out...clip out..clip out. That kinda takes care of the intended clip outs. But every once in a while I would forget...and it is ALWAYS when i am in front of people slowing down for a red light. Fucking a.

I rode clipped in once on the trails...I fell once and messed up my ankle. so i decided to just use platforms. I dont have the natural tendency to unclip when I am about to fall. i dont need efficiency when i ride the trails. I use these, http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=96389 now. With the right shoes, they are awesome.

Originally Posted by Llamaguy
The worst is when you're to move up a few feet and don't want to clip in but accidentally do. Then you freak out and fall on your face :facepalm:
Or when you are stopping for a light and the fucking intersection has their eyes on you and you bounce around trying to get your balance