Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Rant of the day...dump trucks

Old 03-17-2011, 06:17 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rant of the day...dump trucks

Most of these dump trucks around here don't cover their debris properly, so when you drive behind them, even at a good distance, you can hear the debris hit the car. They should be fined if not properly covered.

When I see one, I try to speed up pass them or slow down so I can keep a good distance.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Luckily I have 3m clear bra on my car, if not it would look like a 13 year old face going through puberty. I still get chips on the car that is not covered by the bra.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:21 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah and around here they put gravel on the road when it's icey. When the snow melts, there are just piles of gravel in the shoulders of the road. Some asshats don't know how to stay in their lane, so they'll veer into the shoulder and spray you with gravel. IMO, no point in driving a nice shiney car in CO unless it's the middle of summer.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

tailgate and the debris goes over the car
Old 03-17-2011, 06:32 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
Yeah and around here they put gravel on the road when it's icey. When the snow melts, there are just piles of gravel in the shoulders of the road. Some asshats don't know how to stay in their lane, so they'll veer into the shoulder and spray you with gravel. IMO, no point in driving a nice shiney car in CO unless it's the middle of summer.
That happened the other day when I was driving the wife's car. They were doing construction on parts of the highway and there are lots of dirt/debris on the shoulders and what not. This idiot decides to drive over a pile of dirt and debris and it shoots straight at my wife's car.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:43 AM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Cant say that I ever really see dump trucks but not opposed to taking a dump on/in a truck.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:16 AM
jconeab
got the nuts

Dammit craig, I came in here to say something like that...

but on a serious note, yea I hate it when that happens.. especially the days when you go out after detailing the ride and some asshat decides to drive on the shoulder and fling shit at your car
Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 AM
dubcac
I

Happens all the time here....and there's lots of quarries.