Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Web Suicides

Old 05-25-2003, 12:05 PM
sinthetiq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Web Suicides

3 Japanese Deaths Linked to Web Suicides

The Associated Press
Sunday, May 25, 2003; 10:56 AM

TOKYO - Three people were found dead in an apartment in western Japan in what appeared to be the latest in a series of group suicides linked to the Internet, police said Sunday.

More than a dozen people have died so far this year in group suicides in which participants are believed not to have known each other before meeting online.

A 30-year-old man and two women aged 21 and 18 were found dead Saturday night of carbon monoxide poisoning from a charcoal stove in a sealed room in the man's apartment in the western city of Kyoto, said a police officer at the Fushimi precinct. Their bodies were sprawled on a bed, and a suicide note was found in another room.

The three were from different prefectures, or states, and investigators believe they may have met over an Internet site that brings together people who want to end their lives, said the officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Dozens of such sites have sprung up online in Japan, where a decade-long economic slump has been blamed for an increasing number of suicides.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003May25.html
Old 05-25-2003, 12:08 PM
91integrals
u r teh sux!!1!111!

Its sad that people choose the easy way out of life because they think their life sucks, when in fact it is the person who can change their own life to be anyway they want it to be....
Old 05-25-2003, 12:11 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why is there a law against suicide?

"If you commit suicide, we're sending you to jail!" :jerkit: :chuckles:
Old 05-25-2003, 12:12 PM
sinthetiq

Originally posted by 91integrals
Its sad that people choose the easy way out of life because they think their life sucks, when in fact it is the person who can change their own life to be anyway they want it to be....
Shame is deeply embedded in Japanese culture. Unlike the US, there are heavy societal pressures everywhere in their society.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:13 PM
KingPin
Banned

Originally posted by 91integrals
oh well it's their choice. If they want to take their lives out the easy way because they think their life sucks then let them. It's their choice, we shouldn't interfere with someone elses decissions. If I spelled anything wrong fuck you.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:15 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by KingPin
oh well it's their choice. If they want to take their lives out the easy way because they think their life sucks then let them. It's their choice, we shouldn't interfere with someone elses decissions. If I spelled anything wrong fuck you.

decisions

:chuckles:
Old 05-25-2003, 12:23 PM
KingPin
Banned

Originally posted by RB
decisions

:chuckles:
oops typo... :fawk:
Old 05-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Black2KGSR

Originally posted by KingPin
:werd:
Old 05-25-2003, 04:02 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Sometimes suicide looks like the "only" way out. Sometimes you lose your perspective and insight. I feel bad for people that commit suicide, and I think many people can contemplated it. Life has a lot to offer, and exactly how you say it..if you're willing to work at it. Sometimes you see one side, work work work, but don't see the benefits of it all outweigh everything.
Old 05-25-2003, 04:08 PM
rick
not noob?

Mr.fatbooty you want to chime in with the psycho babble stuff you learned before changing majors?

I've been suicidal before...

For some people it doesn't take much to cross that line.