Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

WTF is wrong with people lately?

Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTF is wrong with people lately?

On the way to the office this morning I was driving down the street and through an intersection and a pedestrian just walked right out in front of my car (looking at her phone) without even looking up. I didn't have a stop sign, yield sign or anythign, AND it was snowy/icey. I slammed on my brakes and honked the horn and she just looked at me like I was some sort of asshole... didn't even pick up her pace. If I didn't have blizzaks I probably would have broken both her knees, and now I kinda wish I had.

Similar story, I was driving in the Lowes parking lot and there was some lady walking across the front lane (area in front of the store). She saw me coming and hesitated, but I signalled and turned into a parking lane before I even got to her. We didn't even cross paths and the closest I got to her was probably 15 feet. I parked the car, gathered my stuff and walked into the store and she was sitting in the entry waiting for me. She looked at me and said, "so do you make it a habit of running people down in parking lots?" I really wanted to say, "no, but you sure are making me want to start!" but I just rolled my eyes at her and kept walking.

Since I didn't say anything (in either instance) I think I feel worse, just stewing about it. Next time someone crosses me, I'm going to try my hardest to give them an earful and tell them to fuck themselves. I think it'll make me feel better.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 AM
ShaolinLueb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people are assholes, what else can there be said. be glad you don't encounter it almost everyday.

edit*
you can't see traffic on the roads you are pulling out onto around here cause of all the snow banks. i was trying to pull out onto another side road, but i couldn't see because of the snow and it was on a hill. i edged out slowly for like 8 seconds. then some asshole comes ripping up the hill horn blasting his wife yelling at me. dude was like in his 50's, should know better then to be speeding on side roads when people cant obviously see whats coming.

Last edited by ShaolinLueb; 02-09-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:02 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/...-by-truck.html

just happened locally. probably werent looking for cars and just walked right out.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:39 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

Sounds like the daily pedestrian-Frogger played in Browns Mills.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:54 PM
azn_redneck
Live Free Or Die

Should be legal to run over people who are texting and decide to walk into the street without paying attention to the world around them.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

In L.A., Pedestrians need to let cars finish their left turns. Too many people on the news getting fucked up.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Blizzaks krew checking in.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:19 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
On the way to the office this morning I was driving down the street and through an intersection and a pedestrian just walked right out in front of my car (looking at her phone) without even looking up. I didn't have a stop sign, yield sign or anythign, AND it was snowy/icey. I slammed on my brakes and honked the horn and she just looked at me like I was some sort of asshole... didn't even pick up her pace. If I didn't have blizzaks I probably would have broken both her knees, and now I kinda wish I had.

Similar story, I was driving in the Lowes parking lot and there was some lady walking across the front lane (area in front of the store). She saw me coming and hesitated, but I signalled and turned into a parking lane before I even got to her. We didn't even cross paths and the closest I got to her was probably 15 feet. I parked the car, gathered my stuff and walked into the store and she was sitting in the entry waiting for me. She looked at me and said, "so do you make it a habit of running people down in parking lots?" I really wanted to say, "no, but you sure are making me want to start!" but I just rolled my eyes at her and kept walking.

Since I didn't say anything (in either instance) I think I feel worse, just stewing about it. Next time someone crosses me, I'm going to try my hardest to give them an earful and tell them to fuck themselves. I think it'll make me feel better.
Sounds like Ann Arbor...students think they always have the right of way, doesn't matter where they cross or what's going on around them.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 02-11-2011, 12:41 PM
ShaolinLueb

Originally Posted by THEOLDMAN
Sounds like Ann Arbor...students think they always have the right of way, doesn't matter where they cross or what's going on around them.
come to Northampton Ma, people just step and out don't even look. big signs posted everywhere, stop for people in crosswalk. all the liberal, lesbian, crazy (lord jesus christ), veggie, hippies scream at you too if you aren't even near them. i can't go to that town anymore.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:47 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

yesterday I was taking a right turn out of an exit and couldn't see over the snow banks so I pulled out a bit... and this guy in a giant lifted 2500 pulled up next to me and completely blocked my blocked view trying to take a left turn across 3 lanes.

took me 10 minutes to get out of the lot, seriously. I had no clue if cars were coming