Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

People who don't trus the Govt.

Old 05-14-2003, 05:40 PM
SmOkIneLf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People who don't trus the Govt.

We were talking about the Vietnam war today ins chool and the teacher asked the class and did a poll to see who trusted our Govt. 19 voted yes(i was one of them) and 23 voted no. Now there is this one girl in my class that always thinks she is right about political views but always seems to talk bad about the country. finally today someone said if you don't like this country so much and can't even trust it why do you live here? your against the war don;t trust the govt. to top it off she was one of the people that put a flag in front of her house after 9/11. yet she always talks bad about the country everyday. don't like our govt think it sucks fine go to another country that you think has a better govt than us. sorry just venting kinda in a bad mood right now h:
Old 05-14-2003, 05:51 PM
dubcac
I

I agree with the fact that people have the freedom of speech, and that we have a democratic goverment. However, I'm a firm believe in the fact that if you hate this country and think it's so bad here, get the f*ck out and go live somewhere else.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

Originally posted by dubster99
I'm a firm believe in the fact that if you hate this country and think it's so bad here, get the f*ck out and go live somewhere else.
:werd:
Old 05-14-2003, 06:57 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Default Re: People who don't trus the Govt.

Originally posted by SmOkIneLf
We were talking about the Vietnam war today ins chool and the teacher asked the class and did a poll to see who trusted our Govt. 19 voted yes(i was one of them) and 23 voted no. Now there is this one girl in my class that always thinks she is right about political views but always seems to talk bad about the country. finally today someone said if you don't like this country so much and can't even trust it why do you live here? your against the war don;t trust the govt. to top it off she was one of the people that put a flag in front of her house after 9/11. yet she always talks bad about the country everyday. don't like our govt think it sucks fine go to another country that you think has a better govt than us. sorry just venting kinda in a bad mood right now h:
:werd: It's not perfect anywhere, some places are better than one another. However, here you'll find many more opportunities, it's not just from a political point of view, so one MAY NOT trust the govt, but that doesn't mean the gov't is corrupted. The gov't is not the only thing that make this country so great, there's many other aspects. If she's pissing everything about the country, then you can tell her to get the **** out because there's nothing for her here anyway, but if she's just disagree about the govt, then it doesn't mean that she hates everything about the country.

Go drink a glass of cold water and clam ya self down man.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:04 PM
ambition
StillDPG

Default Re: People who don't trus the Govt.

RANT! i hate people like that. i had like 10 biotches in my econ. and gov. classes who always bashed the US and always were syain, "in canada they do this", "the life expectancy in sweden is this." FINE GO THERE! i finally went off and looked like a patriotic jerk... that was pre 9/11. now all those people have the american flags on their cars... **** hypocrits! the hell with them all.... wow that was a good rant anyways, yes they have the right of speak their mind.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:13 PM
Jessica
ch1x0r

me, personally, i'm not happy about a lot of the things our country does. i'd move to canada, but its to cold. occasionally i bitch, but i really shouldn't b/c i live here. just as long as no one bombs me, i'm cool.

i really hate it when these religious nuts get mad when athiests don't want the ten commandments (obviously) in courtrooms, or when i really don't want to say "under god" in the pledge of allegiance. just b/c this country is largely christian doesn't mean the whole friggin society is. and then the f*ckers tell me to move. what happened to freedom of religion? :madfawk:
Old 05-14-2003, 07:41 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

Originally posted by dubster99
I agree with the fact that people have the freedom of speech, and that we have a democratic goverment. However, I'm a firm believe in the fact that if you hate this country and think it's so bad here, get the f*ck out and go live somewhere else.
:usa:
Old 05-14-2003, 07:41 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

Originally posted by 99civic_love
me, personally, i'm not happy about a lot of the things our country does. i'd move to canada, but its to cold. occasionally i bitch, but i really shouldn't b/c i live here. just as long as no one bombs me, i'm cool.

i really hate it when these religious nuts get mad when athiests don't want the ten commandments (obviously) in courtrooms, or when i really don't want to say "under god" in the pledge of allegiance. just b/c this country is largely christian doesn't mean the whole friggin society is. and then the f*ckers tell me to move. what happened to freedom of religion? :madfawk:
You're too liberal. I could never date you :happysad:
Old 05-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Jessica
ch1x0r

Originally posted by ManInCamo
You're too liberal. I could never date you :happysad:

oh darn.

bumper sticker: "ignore your rights and they'll disappear"
Old 05-14-2003, 07:45 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

Originally posted by 99civic_love
oh darn.

Its ok, its probably better that you move on. Good luck with future relationships though

this doens't mean we can't OP--->RP conversion here though