Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Controversy over Chiropractic Treatment

Old 05-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Controversy over Chiropractic Treatment

Im writing a paper on this.... and wanted others thoughts on this.... so?

thanks
Sean
Old 05-11-2003, 07:28 PM
Jessica
ch1x0r

I used to work for a chiropractor, and yes, they do help. Only problem is they really rip you off. they overcharge the insurance companies and the customer. They say you need to come all the time, but you really don't. just get an adjustment when your back hurts. Better option to a chiropractor is shiatsu massage. it treats the same problems, but it much easier on your body.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Mandi

i love my chiropractor....ive been going to one since i was 8...and they really do help. they help control my allergies too, not just my neck and back pain....and massage therapists are great too... (hehe, going to school in july for it!)

im PRO-CHIRO!
Old 05-11-2003, 07:30 PM
toadolson
The One And Only!!!

Fawked up my neck in ways you'd never thought. Have migraines. Just found out it's from a chemical imbalance. Chiropractics screw up top vertabrae(mis-spelled) so now it's twisted. The only way to fix is to fuse it to the connecting bones.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Mandi

Originally posted by toadolson
Fawked up my neck in ways you'd never thought. Have migraines. Just found out it's from a chemical imbalance. Chiropractics screw up top vertabrae(mis-spelled) so now it's twisted. The only way to fix is to fuse it to the connecting bones.
they fix my migraines! wtf....ur chiro must have been on drugs or just plain, didnt know what the hell he was doing...

theres another point...not ALL chiropractors are GODS.....some have a natural talent and do it right, others, just SUCK!
Old 05-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Jessica
ch1x0r

simpsons quote:

"i'll need to see you three times a week

for a very long time"
Old 05-11-2003, 07:38 PM
toadolson
The One And Only!!!

Originally posted by CiviChik97
they fix my migraines! wtf....ur chiro must have been on drugs or just plain, didnt know what the hell he was doing...
I think that was a big part of it. His brother did the pressure point therapy. Press on the knot in my neck to increase the pain and blood flow to that area. That stuff is the bomb.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

ive been reading articles on people dying from strokes etc.... while and after they have had their upper body/necks adjusted.... h:
Old 05-11-2003, 07:58 PM
b_dyche
owned by a 9 car pile-up

I got rearended last summer at 45+MPH impact & it triggered something in my siatic (sp?) nerve so it makes my back & leg quiver sometimes when I lift too heavy of stuff... but I'm afraid to go to the chiropractor because I don't want to become dependant... h:
Old 05-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Jessica
ch1x0r

Originally posted by b_dyche
I got rearended last summer at 45+MPH impact & it triggered something in my siatic (sp?) nerve so it makes my back & leg quiver sometimes when I lift too heavy of stuff... but I'm afraid to go to the chiropractor because I don't want to become dependant... h:
you don't become dependent or anything. you're body will naturally fix yourself, it just doesn't fix it right. so when you go to a chiropractor, he starts changing your spine back to its orginal state so for a while youre fawked. better off not going.

shiatsu people, shiatsu