Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

F1 vs FIA GT cars comparison video..

Old 01-15-2011, 12:24 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ochdx
Haha, these are probably GT3 cars. I'd like to see a comparison with LMP1
for sure closer but still not that fast. can't watch for alms this year :woot:
Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 PM
DakarM

Haha, these are probably GT3 cars. I'd like to see a comparison with LMP1
still no comparison. the power to weight and the amount of aero down force created by the F1 cars don't even come close to the amount created by LMP1. this is the reason why F1 cars are even faster than the moto GP bikes.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Tark

Originally Posted by Black2KGSR
:werd: I loved them before. Seeing them in person is an entirely different experience.
You coming back this Year?
Old 01-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by DakarM
still no comparison. the power to weight and the amount of aero down force created by the F1 cars don't even come close to the amount created by LMP1. this is the reason why F1 cars are even faster than the moto GP bikes.
Yeah, but F1 has been castrated pretty badly and LMP1 cars reach much higher top speeds in le mans. And next season F1's switching to turbo I4's, they will be as exciting to watch as a bunch of honda riceboys in a parking lot.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:48 PM
DakarM

Yeah, but F1 has been castrated pretty badly and LMP1 cars reach much higher top speeds in le mans. And next season F1's switching to turbo I4's, they will be as exciting to watch as a bunch of honda riceboys in a parking lot.
castrated but they still have a huge aero advantage. you obviously do not remember the old days of F1 when they used 1.5L 4 banger turbos. BMW of note was putting out over 1200hp with that engine setup. So i don't see a problem with the engine switch. If anything the so called "castration" has made the sports even more exciting to watch in the last 3 years.

regarding the higher top speed by LMP1, well yeah they have less aero down force and a longer track. top speed is different for each track, comparing top speed of LMP1 cars on a track that F1 cars do not race on is meaningless.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Black2KGSR

Originally Posted by Tark
You coming back this Year?
I wish. I loved the city and the race, but we're all strapped for money this year.

castrated but they still have a huge aero advantage. you obviously do not remember the old days of F1 when they used 1.5L 4 banger turbos. BMW of note was putting out over 1200hp with that engine setup. So i don't see a problem with the engine switch. If anything the so called "castration" has made the sports even more exciting to watch in the last 3 years.
werd. regardless of being "castrated" the cars still run comparable (and sometimes faster) lap times. And there's much more competition than just Ferrari dominance.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:07 PM
ShaolinLueb

Originally Posted by Tark
Come to MTL and see/hear then live... you'll love it.
how much are tickets tark usually?
Old 01-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Ochdx

I remember those days, but in those days F1 was actually fun to watch because of the races. These days, with the ridiculous regulations and bans on top speed, materials, aerodynamics, etc, and with a lot of teams dumping F1, a lot of fans stopped caring or watching. And while I understand a turbo I4 can produce ridiculous amounts of power, I just don't care for it. I'd much rather see them go back to the very exclusive V10.

regarding the higher top speed by LMP1, well yeah they have less aero down force and a longer track. top speed is different for each track, comparing top speed of LMP1 cars on a track that F1 cars do not race on is meaningless.
That of course is a very good point. With that being said, I would still like to see LMP1 vs F1 on that particular stretch - its going to be much closer than what we've seen in the video.