Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

brother just a 350Z---opinions

Old 04-05-2003, 09:52 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally like the 350z. Linear power isn't a bad thing, especially when you have torque to compliment it. Interior isn't bad at all, I've seen alot worse for what you're paying for. You have more legroom in the 350z since it's only a two seater.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:54 PM
AcuraFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: brother just a 350Z---opinions

Originally posted by elbee
got a chance to wring it out. He has the performance model, LSD but with 17s.

Great seats, plenty O' headroom, fat wheel, good pedals.

Engine sounds terrible--wholly unditinguished, and is too quiet--which was probably done on purpose. And there's LOTS of road noise up thru the rear hatch.

The motor never comes on the cam--it's COMPLETELY linear--a disappointment if you're a VTEC driver.

Shifter is too stiff and mechanical for my tastes.

Steering has a natural heft that puts Honda to shame but theres not a lot of feel.

The handling is the car's best feature, although there's a lot of understeer even in sweepers. And you can really feel the extra 350 lbs.(over my lude). And the RE040s are crap.

What I would change:

Lose 300 lbs.
Add Stillen exhaust
Dial out the understeer
Needs the 18s, but without the RE040s.
Upgrade the pathetic stereo

I think us Honda people would be happier with an RX-8.
Your review is almost exactly my faults for the car. Engine sounds almost like a truck, and the Bose stereo is a huge disappointment. The model I drove was the Track with 18's, so it handled pretty well. The brakes squeaked. h:
Old 04-05-2003, 09:55 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

It's definitely not bad. Personally I think the S2000 is more fun but I think the Z would be more liveable as a daily driver. Oh, and the non-Brembo brakes that come on all the versions of the Z except the Track--they suck.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:13 AM
VTECseoul
i love my wife's (y)

Originally posted by 91integracer
a good friend of mine just bought one.. handles like a dream. interior is kinda odd looking but very comfortable. I wasnt that impressed with the power.. says its got 287hp to the crank and a few dyno charts rated the car at around 235 to the wheels
what's your point, mathematically that's correct

287crankHP - 20% = 230wheelHP
Old 04-09-2003, 07:51 AM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

My buds track model z just lost the third gear synchro. Nissan is fixing it under warranty and says its a design flaw on the FIRST releases. :dunno:

BTW the car did really well at streets of willow.