Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   Official Food Recipe/Picture Thread (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/601045-official-food-recipe-picture-thread.html)

SeeCamGo 05-26-2010 09:22 AM

Official Food Recipe/Picture Thread

I'm taking TaekOne's advice here and making an official thread for pictures/recipes for the stuff you guys make. I've seen tons of threads with delicious looking food creations and I thought it'd be nice to have it all in one place.

You can just post pics of what you had for dinner or you can be a nice guy (or gal) and tell us how you made it too. ;) It could be fun to get feedback on your own creation or family recipe.

dom93hatch 05-26-2010 09:31 AM

Damn, I just made some really good bbq pork belly the other night too.

Some other time :)

SeeCamGo 05-26-2010 09:32 AM

I'm still a beginner when it comes to cooking but I like making sweet stuff like pies, cookies, and smoothies. The other day I was in a coffee shop and saw that they had a smoothie that had banana, soymilk and honey in it. I thought it sounded good but I had already ordered. A couple days later I tried my own version of it and I've been tinkering with it ever since. It took some experimenting but I'm finally happy with this version of it. It's super easy to make and the ingredients are very common...

Vanilla-Banana Smoothie

2 frozen chopped up bananas (highly recommend freezing, takes about an hour or two, makes it creamier)
1 cup vanilla soy milk (regular milk is fine but probably won't taste as good)
1 6-ounce vanilla yogurt (or about 1/2 cup if you have a large container like I do in the picture below)
1 cup ice
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

(Note: This makes plenty for two people. Half the recipe for just one.)

k3ifers 05-26-2010 02:58 PM

flavored yogurt ftl!

i've taken a couple weeks off of cooking due to the wedding and trying to buy a house.

hopefully this weekend i'll come up with something.

SeeCamGo 05-26-2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by k3ifers (Post 4579431)
flavored yogurt ftl!

Lol. I've tried it with and without the yogurt and I like with it in better... but it's optional, really.

Originally Posted by k3ifers (Post 4579431)
hopefully this weekend i'll come up with something.

Hope so!

Nightshade 05-26-2010 06:22 PM

I will have my Fatty build and I will also have some ribs to add to this thread by the end of the weekend.

PacificDude 05-26-2010 07:27 PM

I got a bunch of Humboldt Squid steaks from a friend and I was trying to figure out what to do with it all. Tried deep frying some, didn't come out so good(pieces cut too thick probably). So I found the following recipe and cut the pieces in nice thin two inch strips. This has to be one of the most amazing recipes I have ever tasted, worth the effort.

2-Minute Calamari, Sicilian Lifeguard-Style

I left out the caperberries tho, not huge fan :o

k3ifers 05-27-2010 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by SeeCamGo (Post 4579536)
Lol. I've tried it with and without the yogurt and I like with it in better... but it's optional, really.

with and without flavored yogurt or just yogurt in general?

SeeCamGo 05-28-2010 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by k3ifers (Post 4579689)
with and without flavored yogurt or just yogurt in general?

The former. It might be fine with regular yogurt too. You could taste it without and then add it in and see if you like it better.

Originally Posted by PacificDude (Post 4579573)
I got a bunch of Humboldt Squid steaks from a friend and I was trying to figure out what to do with it all. Tried deep frying some, didn't come out so good(pieces cut too thick probably). So I found the following recipe and cut the pieces in nice thin two inch strips. This has to be one of the most amazing recipes I have ever tasted, worth the effort.

2-Minute Calamari, Sicilian Lifeguard-Style

I left out the caperberries tho, not huge fan :o

Sounds good. Might have to try it!

TaekOne 05-28-2010 11:02 AM

not sure how i missed this thread the first time around :o

Originally Posted by SeeCamGo (Post 4579246)
I'm taking TaekOne's advice here and making an official thread for pictures/recipes for the stuff you guys make. I've seen tons of threads with delicious looking food creations and I thought it'd be nice to have it all in one place.

You can just post pics of what you had for dinner or you can be a nice guy (or gal) and tell us how you made it too. ;) It could be fun to get feedback on your own creation or family recipe.

:hi5:

i haven't cooked/made anything recently that was picture/noteworthy. but when i do i'll be sure to bring it back here :cool: