Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

bwahaha Arizona is on a f*ckin ROLL lately!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:46 AM
PepsiShine
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont care what the bill is really. these weird ass laws are alienating immigrants. justified or not, someones going to be interrogated, lose their job, and/or get their lives ruined because of all this.

wayto get immigrant votes guys! their economy already took a huge hit this week.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:49 AM
danni*j
Shenanigans

I can see if the teachers english abilties/accents are hampering the kids learning abilities, that this could be justified. But hell, I had a Chemestry teacher in college that was from Tiawan and I couldnt understand a bit of what he said (I think he knew we couldnt understand him too), but he would use props and illustrations to help get over that barrier.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:51 AM
PepsiShine
Banned

Originally Posted by danni*j
I can see if the teachers english abilties/accents are hampering the kids learning abilities, that this could be justified. But hell, I had a Chemestry teacher in college that was from Tiawan and I couldnt understand a bit of what he said (I think he knew we couldnt understand him too), but he would use props and illustrations to help get over that barrier.
try getting taught han-gul by a korean who knew just enough english to use an interpreter
Old 05-05-2010, 11:53 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by danni*j
right

but that's college and learning chemistry

this is strictly in regards to teachers who are teaching english language learners, students who have yet to master the english language and need guidance in it. it has no bearing on teachers teaching students who have already mastered the english language. this doesnt stop a fob speak teacher from teaching chem in high school in arizona. just stops him/her from teacher in classrooms where the english language is still being taught. it's simply a standard that has been set that says you have to meet the state fluency level to teach the language
Old 05-05-2010, 11:57 AM
PepsiShine
Banned

Originally Posted by JessTD
right

but that's college and learning chemistry

this is strictly in regards to teachers who are teaching english language learners, students who have yet to master the english language and need guidance in it. it has no bearing on teachers teaching students who have already mastered the english language. this doesnt stop a fob speak teacher from teaching chem in high school in arizona. just stops him/her from teacher in classrooms where the english language is still being taught. it's simply a standard that has been set that says you have to meet the state fluency level to teach the language
oy its not the justification of this bill thats the problem. i actually agree with it to a point.

but they were doing this the same month of the immigration bill. do any of these fucking law makers have a political science degree at all? they're going to get massacred in november.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have obviously never gone to school in AZ or had kids in the school system in AZ.
It is appaling how shitty the schools are there, it was a big part of the reason we moved away from there. Yeah my daughter was just about fluent in spanish by the time we left but as far as actual school learning it was shit end of the pole.

I see no issue with this, if you are trying to bait me into an argument to justify their laws on this you can go fuck yourself with a spork.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:01 PM
ShaolinLueb

how about this. we just make english official language of usa? :dunno:
Old 05-05-2010, 12:02 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

the people who are going to get up in arms about this are the people who no matter what are not going to understand the logic of the bill OR the fact that its a federal requirement for federal aid regardless of when the bill is introduced.

it's going to have the same uproar in six months as it does now, the advantage of pushing it through now is that NONE of the major news outlets are covering it ... you found this in the london times ... it's flying in under the radar. if everyone in this country was educated enough to understand the common sense behind such a policy then it wouldnt need to.

makes perfect sense to push it now and let it skirt in under

and no no they wont get massacred in november ... this is arizona. the majority of the uproar right now is coming from out of state, out of country and from those who aren't even eligible to vote in the state or country. these lawmakers for the most part will stay right where they are and if they do lose this isnt going to be the deciding factor.

Last edited by shirley; 05-05-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:06 PM
PepsiShine
Banned

Originally Posted by Nightshade
You have obviously never gone to school in AZ or had kids in the school system in AZ.
It is appaling how shitty the schools are there, it was a big part of the reason we moved away from there. Yeah my daughter was just about fluent in spanish by the time we left but as far as actual school learning it was shit end of the pole.

I see no issue with this, if you are trying to bait me into an argument to justify their laws on this you can go fuck yourself with a spork.
ok, lets say i passed a law that banned 24 inch rims, fried chicken, watermelon and hip hop. its not exactly saying i hate black people, but its kind of obvious aint it?
Old 05-05-2010, 12:09 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Originally Posted by PepsiShine
they're going to get massacred in november.
the Republican party has been committing political suicide since the elections