Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

An open letter to all anti-war protesters:

Old 03-28-2003, 06:58 AM
reno96teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An open letter to all anti-war protesters:

I hope you are specifically singled out for the next terrorist incident that this country sees. We all know that another attack or wave of attacks is imminent and I can only pray that you are the target, for you are doing nothing but endangering the lives of more Americans.

An old saying comes to mind: United we stand, divided we fall. If you, in your simple naivety, are so sure that fighting for our way of life is wrong, then by all means voice your opinion in a positive, non-destructive way. The way of life that allows you to make an ass of yourself in the streets of America also allows you to run for public office and elect the public officials who you think will best represent the populous.

If you truly wanted to further your cause of peace, why didn't you protest our war in Afghanistan? Why didn't you protest our various endeavors in Iraq, Africa and Eastern Europe during the Clinton administration? Why didn't you protest our action in Panama or our "war on drugs"? The truth of the matter is that peace is not gained through words alone but the road to peace and democracy is paved only with the blood, sweat and tears of those willing to die for the freedom of others.

Understand this: your protesting, your blocking of our streets, your occupation of our cities resources, and your rape of the first amendment is not helping to spread peace nor increase the safety of the American people, but rather it is causing the opposite. Our police are so busy keeping the peace with peace protesters (ironic, no?) that terrorists might as well come on in and do as they please. After the events of September 11th, 2001, I can only assume that we would want to put all possible resources into keeping our cities safe, but your protests are hindering that. So ultimately in my mind, if there was to be another attack, I can only hope it is against the people who are essentially allowing it to happen.

Our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, relatives, friends, heroes and idols are dispersed throughout the planet as we speak fighting for the freedom of others, feeding the poor, defending the helpless and keeping peace all in the name of humanity and you should be ashamed for protesting against them. I'm sick and tired of hearing the excuse from you protestors that you are not against the coalition forces, but against the war they are fighting. Although this is a much better stance than the protestors of the sixties who acted appallingly towards our soldiers coming home from Vietnam, I firmly believe that causing civil unrest in the name of "peace" does nothing but demoralize our soldiers who are valiantly serving us across the world.

Protesting a war on an evil, murdering tyrant whose government is responsible for more atrocities that are countable or even worth recounting is the same as showing support for said tyrant. When you show your disgust for our government's actions in trying to overthrow his regime, you are showing your support for him.

My last message is this: think twice before going out to the cities of America with the soul purpose of disrupting the commutes of your hardworking neighbors in hopes of getting on TV with your clever signs and ridiculous behavior. Is your stopping traffic in the middle of the city and playing dead in front of office buildings actually going to bring peace to the world? No, no it is not. I'm not saying that individuals or groups of people cannot effect change in the world, but I think the way the American protestors are trying to do this is a waste of time and taxpayers money.

Show your patriotism by writing to the officials elected by you or even better by running for political office, not by skipping work or school and clogging up America's streets with the intention of showing off your divisive, non-constructive childish behavior.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:00 AM
NVS
That's Mr.NVS to you!

Well spoken! :bowdown: :werd:
Old 03-28-2003, 07:02 AM
HappySnatch
OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: An open letter to all anti-war protesters:

all those protestors can eat a dick
Old 03-28-2003, 07:11 AM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

Originally posted by NVS
Well spoken! :bowdown: :werd:
Old 03-28-2003, 07:14 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Well said. Do they not realize that all they are doing is pissing people off by disrupting others' lives.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:27 AM
rb6teg

yeah, and not to mention......they're pushing for peace by throwing rocks at police????? yeah, great way for them to get their point across
Old 03-28-2003, 07:31 AM
b00gers

there is a reason why i am afraid to hold a strong opinion on matters like this. everytime such a sensative issue is at hand, the country and its people get divided. its kinda sad seeing people who are living on the same streets and excerising the same rights to be bashing against each other.

i always respect people for their opinions. i would never bash someone for being anti-war. its perfectly fine to excersice the right to protest. its not ALL of the protesters who are blocking the streets or went around doing violent shat. its the few of those people who give the rest of the protesters a bad name.

i feel like its easy to say we must fight for our country and blah blah...i dont nesscary disagree. but think about when the last time war was fought on this US soil. i sure cant remember.

i work with immigrants who have live and escaped from countries who have had all out wars. imagine driving on a freeway going to work, very innocent, but all of a sudden a missle lands right in front of you. or you are out at the park with your love ones and you hear fuking airplanes shooting rounds at people.

i see so many people are so quick to judge and hold such strong opinions without even trying to look at the reasons why someone would hold an opinion opposite of yours.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:37 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Very, very impressed by that speech brotha. Like stated prior very well said and well spoken are you... and I'd like to say I m agreed with you, and stand behind our TROOPS as well as the WAR they're waging...
Old 03-28-2003, 07:39 AM
reno96teg

it is an excellent letter; but, for the record, i didn't write it. a friend of mine did.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:49 AM
dliske
Set a fire, go to jail!

Originally posted by reno96teg
it is an excellent letter; but, for the record, i didn't write it. a friend of mine did.
Well, then...congrats to your friend for penning it, and thanks to you for sharing it.

David Liske