Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   F***ing scammers (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/588228-f-ing-scammers.html)

fathergoat 04-05-2010 01:33 PM

F***ing scammers

today my debit card statement showed a billing of
888-213-8592 Hosting Payment 14.99

I don't have a web page to pay for. A quick google search showed they charge this to random card numbers. If you call for a refund they ask for the last 4 digits of your card to verify your account. Then charge you an ass load of money. Gotta call the bank in the morning, fucking assholes.

NOPD 04-05-2010 01:37 PM

FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuck

flipped cracka 04-05-2010 01:41 PM

how can they charge stuff to random numbers without the expiration date and/or number on the back?

fathergoat 04-05-2010 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by flipped cracka (Post 4551737)
how can they charge stuff to random numbers without the expiration date and/or number on the back?

that's just what I read searching google. they might have gotten my card number another way. regardless I still have to call the bank :(

NOPD 04-05-2010 01:58 PM

I hate fucking scammers, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck one more time. I almost got scammed out of 3k for a gsr motor 9 years ago. Luckily the credit card company got my back.

THEOLDMAN 04-06-2010 05:04 AM

Yeah I had some place bill me on my debit/credit card, bank refunded me and went after them. It was some place in Omaha, called the number on my bank statement and it sounded like it was in someone's house from all the background noise. I could hear kids in the background. Asked for a manager and it sounded like they just handed the phone to someone else in the house. They wanted my credit card number...well you already have it, what's the transaction for. They hung up, I went to the Credit Union and disputed the payment.

k3ifers 04-06-2010 05:07 AM

at least it was only $15

fathergoat 04-06-2010 11:34 AM

got a message on my answering machine from shoes.com or some shit asking about an order. he used my full name so someone def. got my card info. motherfucking asshole pieces of lazy shit.

danni*j 04-06-2010 12:09 PM

That sucks. I would call the bank and get them to cancel that card and send you out a new one. Had to do that when I had a debt card stolen in North Carolina. Funny thing is the dumbass used my card at a gas station 2 miles from where it was stolen. Security cam get thier faces and they were arrested 2 hrs later. Bank refunded the money:) but still had to get a new card since I had already reported it stolen:(

fathergoat 04-08-2010 12:14 PM

canceled my debit card. the onlineshoes.com order was on my visa :mad: motherfuckers got both my card numbers and tried to go on a shopping spree with my visa at bloomingdales and shoe stores. jokes on that bitch, I have a low limit. Now I'm going to have to keep an eye on my credit report. apparently they are in Antioch Il. it's probably for the best that onlineshoes didn't give me a street address since that's within driving distance. or I might be on my way to choke a bitch out right now.