Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

For those of you against the war....

Old 03-26-2003, 12:16 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, and by the way, these half truths go both ways. I see alot of those with the Pro-War community, as well.

its the battle of who's less wrong
Old 03-26-2003, 12:30 PM
19.3secS2K

XXXXX18mk: ok if they didn't like that post this....this is speech delievered in 1933 By general smedley darlington Butler....one of only 2 marines in history to recieve 2 medals of honor
XXXXX18mk: this is his recognition on the military site
XXXXX18mk: http://hqinet001.hqmc.usmc.mil/HD/Hi.../Butler_SD.htm
XXXXX18mk: and this is his speech
XXXXX18mk: http://www.fas.org/man/smedley.htm
Old 03-26-2003, 03:33 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

I'm far to lazy to click those links and read anything... what do they say and whats your point?
Old 03-26-2003, 03:49 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stopped reading after this:

"- United States military budget exceeds that of the next nine (world) powers combined"

WHO CARES?? We are the only widely hated world power. That's the cost of defending ourselves. I'd rather spend it on defense than some of the other stupid shit this gov't spends money on.

I suppose you'd rather see us cut the budget back to nothing and watch more buildings fall to the ground, right?
Old 03-26-2003, 03:50 PM
v4lu3s

the speech is interesting because that brings up the "blood for oil" issue, military following the dollars....if that really was the goal of war in the middle east Iraq would be a US territory for 12 years now.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:12 PM
19.3secS2K

there's no real point, I guess. Just some facts thrown in with some ideas. The links just provide that these aren't just made up ideas (with most of #2 being the exception since its just a big What-If).

I just think there's more to it than we see. Someone's pulling something, be it the US/UK, France/Germany/Russia, or the Islamic side. Again, like I said above, the battle for who's less wrong (I'll spell it correctly this time )

I just wonder why Iraq is being the scapegoat in all of this while Al Queda is still around, N. Korea is still building up, and the whole while, the actions our military is making is counterproductive on the war against terror.

somethings just not right about the whole thing.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:17 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
I stopped reading
a true sign of ignorance. Not to pick on you in particular, but alot of people made that comment about stopping at various points over something or another.

Maybe my view isn't appreiciated by you, but does that make it wrong? Not exactly.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:26 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
WHO CARES?? We are the only widely hated world power. That's the cost of defending ourselves. I'd rather spend it on defense than some of the other stupid shit this gov't spends money on.

I suppose you'd rather see us cut the budget back to nothing and watch more buildings fall to the ground, right?
Wait.

How are we defending ourselfs? Are we being attacked right now? By who?

Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11-01. Iraq has nothing (well, had. I think that will change soon) to do with Al Queda. Hell, you people act like Saddam and Osama are buddys or something.

We are "defending" ourselfs by going to our neighbors and saying "I think you're going to do something, so I'll act first." Thats not defense.

I think the massive amounts of money our government is spending could be put to better things, IE REAL economic growth stimuli, education, retirement (thanks, enron). Instead, we're putting ourselfs in massive debt. All for what?

I think we should take a neutral stance at things. Retaliation only brings more pain. But hey, thats just my opinion.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:31 PM
fizzbob7
90 accord h22a

it's OURSELVES...........and we're being "preemptive"....kinda like in a fight...you either wait to be hit or hit first......not diplomatic but saddam is a nut and reacting (if it ever came to that) might end up killing more people than acting now.....don't vote for him next time......these war forums are getting old......no one is gonna change anyone else's opinion......just let it go and go burn one.....adios
Old 03-26-2003, 04:37 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally posted by fizzbob7
it's OURSELVES...........and we're being "preemptive"....kinda like in a fight...you either wait to be hit or hit first......not diplomatic but saddam is a nut and reacting (if it ever came to that) might end up killing more people than acting now.....don't vote for him next time......these war forums are getting old......no one is gonna change anyone else's opinion......just let it go and go burn one.....adios
I'll spell right when I'm turning this in for English or something.

Preemptive..... Still is wrong. Iraq can't attack us. I'd love to see that. His shit can barely hit Turkey. If we were being Preemptive with North Korea, that'd be one thing (at least their missles can hit the west coast). But Iraq? Come on.

The war we're in has just begun. Wait till we get around to bagdad, and dealing with that potencial mess. Gulf war II? more like vietnam II.

And if you think these war THREADS (we're on a forum) are getting old, then don't post in them.

And I'm fine with it all. I don't care about changing anyones opinon, and I'm pretty sure mine won't change. And I don't need to you to tell me to burn one. I'll do so myself

hehe, these threads are fun. And I didn't vote for Bush. Having him as a govener was bad enough

BTW, interesting fact about Bush as Texas gov. He exicuted the most inmates out of any gov. this state has had, which means more than any gov. the country has had. Thats religious? Thats christian? Didn't Jesus tell us to forgive?