Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

best firewall/antivirus

Old 03-24-2003, 04:14 PM
Kirby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best firewall/antivirus

what would you say is the best firewall and/or antivirus program out on the market today? go.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:21 PM
dliske
Set a fire, go to jail!

Have XP OS. Using Zone Alarm Fire Wall and Norton AV. Don't know if they are the best, but I have had no problems. Checked my system at http://www.grc.com , (to see if the firewall is working) and all is good. One thing that I have heard is that the Norton System Suite may cause problems with XP. NAV by itself is OK. Good Luck.

David Liske
Old 03-24-2003, 04:25 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

Originally posted by dliske
Have XP OS. Using Zone Alarm Fire Wall and Norton AV. Don't know if they are the best, but I have had no problems. Checked my system at http://www.grc.com , (to see if the firewall is working) and all is good. One thing that I have heard is that the Norton System Suite may cause problems with XP. Good Luck.

David Liske
where do u go on that site. i wanna test mines too. im running the same programs
Old 03-24-2003, 04:26 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

nm got it
Old 03-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Kirby

I'm actually pirating Norton System Works right now... but I have ME, soon to change to 2000 professional
Old 03-24-2003, 05:00 PM
joebenz
nelson rules

firewall = ZyWALL 10-II
Old 03-24-2003, 06:18 PM
Slow-N-Low
What's that smell?

Best Firewall: Probably still Firewall-1, though in all fairness, stateful packet inspection, FW-1's main claim to fame is ubiquitous these days.

Best Antivirus: Don't use Microsoft products. Otherwise Symantec's NAV is the best product.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:04 PM
dliske
Set a fire, go to jail!

Slow-N-Low, off topic but what gives with the censored? I know you and I don't agree politically, but I am curious to know what is going on. PM me if you want.

David Liske
Old 03-24-2003, 07:07 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

I have Zone Alarm and Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition on my machine plus I'm behind a Smoothwall Firewall which is my router.

www.smoothwall.org :thumbup: Real good shiz if you have a spare old pc.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:44 PM
Slow-N-Low
What's that smell?

Originally posted by dliske
Slow-N-Low, off topic but what gives with the censored? I know you and I don't agree politically, but I am curious to know what is going on. PM me if you want.

David Liske
Yesterday someone defaced some of my posts, and deleted others. That was in the war threads. I don't know if anyone else was censored, but the net effect was that pretty much everything that wasn't pro-Bush, pro-war was wiped out.

George Orwell once said "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." I know that a lot of people don't want to hear what I have to say. Now that it's more or less official, all I can do is abide by the wishes of those with the power. They're well within their rights, as this is a private club, so in no way am I complaining about freedom of speech or anything like that.

The "censored" tag is just a reminder that I'm no longer discussing certain topics only because if nobody can read my thoughts, I might as well not bother. So far y'all in the opposition have been very cool about it, and I thank you all for that.