Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Iraq interrogates US Soldiers

Old 03-23-2003, 09:07 AM
90TGP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iraq interrogates US Soldiers

Which is a violation of Article 13 of the Geneva Convention. A few might have been killed in execution style. It's all over the news. Any Iraqi's captured for the interrogation will be charged with war crimes.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:08 AM
axemansean

Not to start anything, just playing devil's advocate... going against UN sanction and going to war isn't that some sort of criminal offence?
Old 03-23-2003, 09:11 AM
Slow-N-Low
What's that smell?

I've been following the war, looking at all of the major news agencies. I have seen no reports of the executions that you claim. The Geneva Convention does not prohibit interrogation of prisoners.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:11 AM
90TGP

I don't know, I'm not part of the UN. But Saddam did break 17 previous sanctions from the UN.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:12 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

If you think about it though, as sad as it may seem, it's a small price to pay.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:21 AM
dliske
Set a fire, go to jail!

Originally posted by Slow-N-Low
I've been following the war, looking at all of the major news agencies. I have seen no reports of the executions that you claim. The Geneva Convention does not prohibit interrogation of prisoners.
Don't know if this is confirmed or not, but here is one link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81911,00.html

David Liske
Old 03-23-2003, 09:31 AM
Slow-N-Low
What's that smell?

Originally posted by dliske
Don't know if this is confirmed or not, but here is one link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81911,00.html

David Liske
It's a shame to see CNN putting spin on their reporting. Obviously that suggestion can't be legitimately made by anyone but a qualified forensics expert who has examined the bodies.

If it does turn out that there were executions, then those who are responsible should be punished. I don't believe that a vague allegation should be used as an excuse for the US to commit war atrocities.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:41 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by axemansean
Not to start anything, just playing devil's advocate... going against UN sanction and going to war isn't that some sort of criminal offence?
I see where you're going and to answer your question, NO. We are a soverign nation and have the right to protect ourselves. Funny how nobody cried that it's a "criminal offense" when other countries went to war w/o UN backing.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Slow-N-Low
What's that smell?

Originally posted by VRGNCD5
We are a soverign nation and have the right to protect ourselves.
Please explain why other countries aren't sovereign, why the US alone gets to decide their future. Yes, we have a right to protect ourselves. But we attacked Iraq, not vice versa.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:02 AM
dliske
Set a fire, go to jail!

Originally posted by Slow-N-Low
It's a shame to see CNN putting spin on their reporting. Obviously that suggestion can't be legitimately made by anyone but a qualified forensics expert who has examined the bodies.

If it does turn out that there were executions, then those who are responsible should be punished. I don't believe that a vague allegation should be used as an excuse for the US to commit war atrocities.
Though the link was from Foxnews.com (sorry, couldn't pass up the fact that you were WRONG!-lol), the perception of the reporter means nothing until the bodies are examined. Hopefully, we will get to retrieve them, and hopefully, the video of the bodies is nothing more than fabricated Iraqi propaganda.

Did someone here say that executions now justify the US committing attrocities? Must have missed it.

David Liske