Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

P.o.w.

Old 03-23-2003, 08:28 PM
delsol2001
hustlin member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my moms best friends husband was killed in 9-11, i knew him very well, i appologize if my comments are not civil and from now on i will watch how i respond, my girls best friends are fighting in the war as well as family members of mine, i just get upset at people who sit behind keyboards and march streets in anti-things-that-must-be-done-for-us-to-not-live-in-fear-for-the-rest-of-our-lives, i thought the basement was a "say what you want type of place" i guess not. Its hard watching CNN all day wondering if i'll see a cousin or friend on a "tank cam" like i said i'm sorry for posting my opinion, if i was able to join the forces i would, bottom line.. to help everyone in the u.s. to keep our freedom we sometimes forget about
Old 03-23-2003, 08:31 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by delsol2001
my moms best friends husband was killed in 9-11, i knew him very well, i appologize if my comments are not civil and from now on i will watch how i respond, my girls best friends are fighting in the war as well as family members of mine, i just get upset at people who sit behind keyboards and march streets in anti-things-that-must-be-done-for-us-to-not-live-in-fear-for-the-rest-of-our-lives, i thought the basement was a "say what you want type of place" i guess not. Its hard watching CNN all day wondering if i'll see a cousin or friend on a "tank cam" like i said i'm sorry for posting my opinion, if i was able to join the forces i would, bottom line.. to help everyone in the u.s. to keep our freedom we sometimes forget about
Its cool I just wanted to see where you were coming from because that was a little hot comin out the box there.

My personal belief though is you should be more angry at the govt. for not finishing catching Osama than anything else.

I dunno just seems like logic to me is all.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:34 PM
delsol2001
hustlin member

its all good, it just sucks sometimes, my friends are really fighting, so i got my girls vtec to work today!
Old 03-23-2003, 08:35 PM
reno96teg

Originally posted by Nightshade
where does it say disguising troops is wrong in a war??
duh.. the geneva convention.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Yeah I hear ya I got friends fighting too thats why I support the troops...doesn't mean I have to agree ith the war at all.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:41 PM
reno96teg

iraqi soldiers are being really underhanded. how sick.. the allies are going out of their way to spare civilians, and they're using this against us. again, how sick.

and, just an update, they've found what they think to be a very large chemical weapons factory. i don't know if that's already been mentioned, but it's something for the anti-war activists to think about..
Old 03-23-2003, 08:43 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by Nightshade
Not to play devils advocate but....

What do you expect? Its a war situation and there are no Queensbury set of rules to go by...where does it say disguising troops is wrong in a war??
Can you show me where I said it was wrong? I just don't want to hear any bitching when more civilians start getting hit cause that's what's gonna happen if their soldiers keep it up.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:48 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by Slow-N-Low
I was referring to another thread, where several hawks claimed that it was OK for the US to kill civilians because the Iraqi military sometimes hides among civilians. I hope and pray that US soldiers aren't as immoral and bloodthirsty as some of the HAN members are.
If the bitch made soldiers over there are gonna dress as civilians and use women and children as human shields, fake surrendering and open fire, then whatever happens, happens. If the Iraqi soldiers would grow a pair and stop hiding behind women and children and stop trying to blend in w/the civilians, there would be less civilian casualties.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Originally posted by VRGNCD5
Can you show me where I said it was wrong? I just don't want to hear any bitching when more civilians start getting hit cause that's what's gonna happen if their soldiers keep it up.
No bitching its war and sometimes civilians get caught up in it....its just the way it goes.