Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Man, not as much traffic here anymore

Old 12-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you still in sac?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:34 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally Posted by Snoopy
you still in sac?
Yep...I moved to Portland in 05 but came back and been here since 06.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hows cowtown?

Where ya been???
Old 12-18-2009, 09:51 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Hows cowtown?

Where ya been???
What's up John?! Cow town is, well, Cow town. Sure beats the hell out of being up in Portland with the crazy cold winters, that's for sure.

After getting my Accord totaled in 04 I had to step away from the import scene cause it was nothing but bad news for me. Don't know if you remember my "SaucyCivic" but once I got that thing done up the way I wanted it I got nothing but the bad kind of attention. That ended up with it getting stolen and stripped of ever accessory I put on it except for the suspension and paint job. Then I got my "94Uhkord" and did it up relatively mild and non-attention grabbing and got the system stolen out of it twice, then got hit by some douche bag on Hwy 70 and not only lost my Uncle as a result but also got my car totaled as well.

If I had gotten another import I would have eventually fixed it up as well and with the luck I had with my two previous imports I decided it just wasn't worth it so i've been focusing my efforts on car detailing and car audio. I own my own small business for detailing called "Mirror Images" and work full time at one of the largest DME companies in the country.

So are you still doing your 4wheel/off-road thing, photography stuff or have you moved on to something else?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Nah I moved on last Janurary and ended up working for an alternative fuel system manufacturer as production line manager. Was a great job until the economy tanked. It's still in business and I still work with them but not enough to keep a paycheck flowing. So now I am looking for work (since July) and also have my daughter living with me full time...thats a whole other story though.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:25 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Nah I moved on last Janurary and ended up working for an alternative fuel system manufacturer as production line manager. Was a great job until the economy tanked. It's still in business and I still work with them but not enough to keep a paycheck flowing. So now I am looking for work (since July) and also have my daughter living with me full time...thats a whole other story though.
You still live up in Oregon? Are you done with imports too? I'm not gonna lie though, the Toyota Venza looks more and more appealing the more I look at it:drool:

Old 12-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Yeah I am kinda done with modding right now. I started modding my diesel truck and stopped at a reasonable point. Maybe in the future when work is stable, but I have too much to deal with right now. May be moving to Alaska but that is still in the air right now so in the PDX area I will stay for now.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:47 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Yeah I am kinda done with modding right now. I started modding my diesel truck and stopped at a reasonable point. Maybe in the future when work is stable, but I have too much to deal with right now. May be moving to Alaska but that is still in the air right now so in the PDX area I will stay for now.
Sounds like you have alot on your plate, hopefully things calm down a bit for you sometime soon...sounds pretty stressful.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Growing older by the minute...I think I aged 10 years in the last couple months from all this shit.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:55 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Growing older by the minute...I think I aged 10 years in the last couple months from all this shit.
Well, sounds to me like it's not all bad, you do have your daughter with you and I can only assume that she's better off with you than elsewhere. So how old is she now? My son is in his first year of high school