Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

DMX Talks Boxing Debut on MMA Nation

Old 10-27-2009, 05:46 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DMX Talks Boxing Debut on MMA Nation

i've read things that it's an mma fight, but the interview says it's boxing and x seems to think it's boxing, since he doesn't know what mma is
Old 10-27-2009, 05:49 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this a few months back, his street cred is going to go way down after this. lolz
Old 10-27-2009, 05:53 AM
flyromeo3

wonder if he's going to smoke his crack before entering the ring
Old 10-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Butterbean is a boxer, so not sure how you figure this is an MMA fight
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Butterbean is a boxer, so not sure how you figure this is an MMA fight
well, i'm not sure how you think i figure it's an mma fight. i said i've read things that it is one, but the interview makes it sound like a boxing match.

yes, you're correct, butterbean is a boxer, but tank abbott does mma, so i don't know which side you want to take on that. butterbean is also wearing mma gloves in the picture.

as to what i'm reading:

Originally Posted by tp site
Monson vs Fulton to Headline Thunder Promotions and Alabama Pride MMA Main Event

Thunder Promotions and Alabama Pride Presents Main Event Mixed Martial Arts (MMA )Jeff 'Snowman' Monson to face Travis 'Ironman' Fulton with a Co-Main Event Hip Hop Icon DMX vs Eric Martinez battling on Dec 12, 2009 at 8pm in Birmingham, Alabama

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRLog (Press Release) – Oct 13, 2009 – Atlanta, Georgia Heavyweights Jeff ‘Snowman’ Monson vs Travis ‘Ironman’ Fulton face off for the next Thunder Promotions mixed martial arts (MMA) event at the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex on December 12, 2009. The announcement came today from Rod Riccardi, CEO of Thunder Promotions along with Alabama Pride will bring the exciting MMA action to guest and fight fans alike.
Unless you’ve been sleeping under a rock the last month, you have seen and heard about the national and international attention that Thunder Promotions co-main event fight card has created. The co-main event is slated a star studded battle between two celebrities, hip-hop icon DMX vs Eric Martinez. Martinez an up and coming actor out of Albuquerque, NM, and DMX known as one of the greatest rappers in the world.
“Snowman and Ironman fight card was chosen by popular demand and having DMX duel Eric Martinez for our co-main event, well this is the ingredients that will produce an incredible night here in Birmingham. We have a host of surprise guest who will be stopping through so it’s going to be a night to remember.” States Riccardi.
Jeff ‘Snowman’ Monson 38 and 5’9 in height a former UFC #1 contender is considered to be one of the worlds top submission grapplers, with a record of (30- 9). The Snowman’s latest triumph was in Mexico City, Mexico, against Jimmy Ambriz. Travis “Ironman” Fulton a prolific fighter racking over 200 fights in ten years with a most recent victory over Tony Crawford back in August 2009. Fulton is 32 and 6’0 in height with a (190-45) record. A press conference is set for November 17, 2009 in Birmingham, Alabama. Tickets are on sale now at all ticket master locations or by calling 800-982-2787 or online at www.ticketmasters.com and with special hotel rates at the Sheraton Birmingham, rooms $99.00 a night. Additional information is available at www.thunderpromotions.com
it says nothing about boxing, but there are ad's right on the site for the dmx boxing match.

also, the press release says nothing about butterbean anyways and the main event is an mma fight.

and the butterbean fight has absolutely nothing to do with dmx's fight.

Last edited by k3ifers; 10-27-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:30 AM
ShaolinLueb

didn't butter bean fight genki sudo in japan?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:36 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

here are butterbean's mma stats, looks like he isn't just a boxer.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Eric-Esch-9394

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Esch
Old 10-27-2009, 06:42 AM
å
åhhhhh

i thought DMX became a priest or something.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:48 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

that was mase.

dmx tried to be an fbi agent
Old 10-27-2009, 06:51 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by k3ifers
that was mase.

dmx tried to be an fbi agent

wasnt he high on crack when they intercepted him at JFK?