Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Way to ruin my weekend plans, Killjoys.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 AM
BetterBob
Nobama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way to ruin my weekend plans, Killjoys.

WAIAU, New Zealand, Oct. 22 (UPI) -- A New Zealand town has canceled its annual dead rabbit-tossing contest for children following protests from animal welfare advocates.
The "Rabbit Throw" has been a tradition in the town of Waiau, which has a population of about 400 people, for years, but town officials said this year's event has been dropped, the Australian Broadcasting Corp. reported Thursday.
The decision came after criticism from the Royal New Zealand Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Charles Cadwallader, an animal cruelty inspector with the charity, said throwing dead rabbits around for fun is disgusting.
"Do you throw your dead grandmother around for a joke at her funeral?" he asked.
However, some locals said they were disappointed by the decision to cancel the event. Jo Moriarty, organizer of a massive pig hunt in the town, attributed the move to political correctness.
"You know, the children of the community here are fantastic, they love their animals," he said.

© 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/10/...0681256239497/
Old 10-27-2009, 05:45 AM
flyromeo3

"Do you throw your dead grandmother around for a joke at her funeral?" he asked.

Has got to be the dumbest comparison I've heard yet.

Rabbits over there are considered a neusense. Just like rats, roaches, ants, water bugs are a pest to us.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:41 AM
ShaolinLueb

wtf :rofl:
Old 10-27-2009, 07:15 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rabbits are an invasive species and actively exterminated there as far as I know. I say toss away and then make some stew. :yumyum: