Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

CNN interview with RZA

Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CNN interview with RZA

interesting

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ang/index.html
Old 10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wu-Tang had some interesting stuff and the offshoots each had their moments, but they are still just glorified street thugs who got lucky. No different than 90% of the other rappers out there.

BTW let me also add that he doesn't sound very bright at all.

Last edited by Nightshade; 10-12-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:00 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RZA writes in the book that he once witnessed ODB force his own son to watch him do drugs. RZA tried to leave, he writes, but ODB wouldn't let him. Now, RZA told CNN, he wishes he would've been tougher with ODB about his drug problem
fawking ODB :tsk:
Old 10-12-2009, 04:02 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Wu-Tang had some interesting stuff and the offshoots each had their moments, but they are still just glorified street thugs who got lucky. No different than 90% of the other rappers out there.
their style hasn't really changed and is what i consider "new york" or "east coast" rap, that's really the only reason i'm still a fan of them. nobody really sounds like that anymore. havoc has an album coming out, prodigy is in jail, big noyd had a couple decent tracks come out last year. nas.. eh. jadakiss' last album was alright, but he's changing a little bit. styles sort of has it. fab never quite got to their style. cnn's new album was okay, wasn't quite the same feel, but noreaga's latest album captures his old style perfectly. shyne just got out, but he's being deported :chuckles:

but yeh, they are street thugs that got lucky, just like everyone else in the mainstream rap scene.

Originally Posted by Nightshade
BTW let me also add that he doesn't sound very bright at all.
yeh, rza always seems like he's trying to come off as the intelligent one, i have my doubts