Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Some dood at Arby's tried to steal 10 bucks from me last night

Old 04-28-2009, 06:26 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some dood at Arby's tried to steal 10 bucks from me last night

:squint:

Drove up, ordered, drove up to window, gave the guy $20 for my 5.xx meal.

I know I gave him a $20 because all I had in my wallet was 20s and some ones and I broke the 20 so I could pay the range fee $10. That and I never carry cash so I knew what was there.

He hands me 4.xx in change.

Dialogue went something like this:

Me: I gave you a 20
Theiving Scoundrel: You gave me a 10
Me: No, I gave you a 20. I know that because all I had was 20s.
TS: But..but sir, I don't have any 20s in my register

He proceeds to mumble, banter goes back and forth, he picks up the cash drawer a few times, keeps telling me there are no 20s, I keep telling him all I had was 20s.

Finally after a minute or so he picks up the cash drawer again and says "There is a 20 right here."

Me: That's mine.
TS: But..uh...sir, the only way to resolve this is to close the cash drawer and count it out, I will need you to pull forward.

I was impatient and aaalmost said fuck it and drove off but I was a little pissed at that point.

Me: Tell you what, give me your manager's name and I'll call them and find out if the register was over $10.
TS: Uh..well..uhh...yeah, I uh...hold on....We have to count the drawer...uhh...
Me: Tell you what dude, here is my card, give me my $10 and if your register is short you call my cell phone and I will mail you $10.
TS: Uh...I don't..uh....
Me: What's your manager's name? (He never gave it to me)
TS: Uhh...okay, I here

and He hands me the $10 and I hand him my card.

Mother fucker :squint:

Guess what. No call yet.

I'm tempted to call the manager and inquire as to whether the register was short last night or not...

Cliffs:
I give kid $20 for a 5.xx meal
He gives me $4
I tell him I gave him a 20, he denies, says he doesnt have a 20 in his drawer then finds one but says he has to count the register to confirm
I ask for managers name, he doesnt give it
I tell him to give me the $10 and call if it comes up short
No call.

Last edited by spanky; 04-28-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

should have shown him your "piece"

seriously though, that mess is whack. glad you got back what was yours
Old 04-28-2009, 06:33 AM
SlowRolla

I had something like that happen to a cashier of mine recently, but obviously the shoe was on the other foot. The guy started asking her for directions to somewhere as he handed her the $10, she gave him back the change and he said he gave her a $20. Luckily I was right there and was like "Ill just count your drawer real quick." The guys like, "Well Im going to take my stuff out to my car and Ill be right back"...he never came back.

It sucks that people are dishonest.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:36 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

that's why you always place the bill on top the drawer until you are done counting the change back, no way to argue that.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:40 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Originally Posted by JessTD
that's why you always place the bill on top the drawer until you are done counting the change back, no way to argue that.
Exactly. I would have given him the benefit of the doubt since I was distracted and didn't see him lift the drawer but it got a little fishy when he told me two or three times there weren't any 20s in his register then all of a sudden he finds one sitting on top.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:02 AM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

I was hoping this was going to be a "Some thief tried to jack me for 20 so I popped 15 rounds into his gut" story. I'm a little disappointed. PS, you're never going to hear from them about this.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 AM
å
åhhhhh

one time at the grocery store i worked at when i was in Highschool. i was assigned to work outside in the garden center... well they were short cashiers and asked me to man the register till they found somebody...

so i cashed out a few people... and this guy and his hot womans come next... after cashing him out, him asking for change, taking it back, breaking a 50, small chit chat about winning a poker game, asking for the 50 back and giving me change etc etc.... the guy managed to get away with almost $200 dollars... i felt like such a moron.. :sad:

turns out he did this at 3 other grocery stores in the area. almost $1k was lost.... hot wife/gf tho :eek5:
Old 04-28-2009, 08:08 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll see too it that proper disciplinary action is taken. Thank you, we appreciate your business.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:09 AM
SlowRolla

Originally Posted by å
one time at the grocery store i worked at when i was in Highschool. i was assigned to work outside in the garden center... well they were short cashiers and asked me to man the register till they found somebody...

so i cashed out a few people... and this guy and his hot womans come next... after cashing him out, him asking for change, taking it back, breaking a 50, small chit chat about winning a poker game, asking for the 50 back and giving me change etc etc.... the guy managed to get away with almost $200 dollars... i felt like such a moron.. :sad:

turns out he did this at 3 other grocery stores in the area. almost $1k was lost.... hot wife/gf tho :eek5:
Quick change artist FTL.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Red X
x pǝɹ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by å

I don't get it.. 50 =/= 200?