Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

How do you.. v girlfriends mom

Old 04-11-2009, 10:56 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do you.. v girlfriends mom

How do you politely but firmly tell someone to stop buying you things? My gf's mom bought me a nice shirt and other stuff for Christmas, so thats fine I guess - but Sarah is out dress shopping with her and they found a nice dress and freakin expensive shoes and I guess they found a dress shirt to match her dress for me to wear to church tomorrow.

So I wasnt gonna give them my dress shirt size but I gave in cause I was getting mad, and apparently her mom is buying me something else as well.

How do I get her to quit buyin crap? I don't want anything and they don't need to be buying me stuff.

/rant

ibstfuandtakeitcauseitsfree
Old 04-11-2009, 10:59 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahahahahahaha maybe she wants a quick fuck, threesome is in order for you son!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:59 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

:barf:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Is it because she has bad taste? Do know have second thoughts about your relationship? Do you feel you need to reciprocate the gesture and don't want to?

Moms buying you shit means she approves of you. She's happy her daughter brought home a good guy like you.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:16 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Eh, its not bad taste but it's not stuff I would get on my own. No I don't have second thoughts, I'm in it for Sarah not for her mom (and her mom doesnt seem to understand that - she does a lot of things to try to be "involved"). I don't feel like I have to give something back, and Id hope its not expected.

Her family is full of big spenders when it comes to holidays and birthdays, and I really don't want them buying me stuff. Sarah isn't as bad as her parents but it's something I'd rather her not bring to the alter someday.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:20 AM
dubcac
I

Take stuff, say thanks, win.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Tark

Originally Posted by DarkStarr
Eh, its not bad taste but it's not stuff I would get on my own. No I don't have second thoughts, I'm in it for Sarah not for her mom (and her mom doesnt seem to understand that - she does a lot of things to try to be "involved"). I don't feel like I have to give something back, and Id hope its not expected.

Her family is full of big spenders when it comes to holidays and birthdays, and I really don't want them buying me stuff. Sarah isn't as bad as her parents but it's something I'd rather her not bring to the alter someday.
If you're going to marry this chick her mom will be involved. I don't get what's the problem. The Mom is buying you a shirt. In most culture a gift is a good thing... It's a sign of affection and its pissing you off

Looks to me like you found a cool girl who's mom likes you.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
scotttharobot
beer here

does your GF have any brothers?
Old 04-11-2009, 11:34 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Originally Posted by Tark
If you're going to marry this chick her mom will be involved. I don't get what's the problem. The Mom is buying you a shirt. In most culture a gift is a good thing... It's a sign of affection and its pissing you off

Looks to me like you found a cool girl who's mom likes you.
The problem is I don't want to be receiving this stuff, I'd rather the money go to some charity than to me in the form of something I don't want or need. Her family are huge holiday spenders and thats not something I want to be a part of nor do I want that lifestyle to be a part of ours in the future.

Originally Posted by scotttharobot
does your GF have any brothers?
no, 2 sisters. 1 is 34 the other 18. 34 yr old has a bf and he gets the same treatment.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:36 AM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Have you talked to your gf about this? If not, you should. She will know the best way you can bring it up to her mom, or she could bring it up to her mom.