Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

and the porker of the month award goes to...

Old 02-26-2009, 04:27 PM
reno96teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default and the porker of the month award goes to...

http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer?...rkerofthemonth

Washington, D.C. - Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW) today named Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) its February 2009 Porker of the Month.

On February 6, 2009, Sen. Kerry spoke on the Senate floor in support of the $787 billion stimulus package. In his speech he said “I have heard a lot of talk about we ought to do a tax cut, we ought to do a tax cut. I have supported many tax cuts during my years here, and there are tax cuts in this proposal. But a tax cut is non-targeted. If you put a tax cut into the hands of either a business or an individual today, there is no guarantee they are going to invest their money. There is no guarantee that they are going to invest their money in the United States. They are free to go to invest anywhere they want, if they choose to invest. … The fact is none of those people are guaranteed to invest that money in any of the new projects that we are. So government yes government has the ability to be able to make a decision that the private sector won’t necessarily make today.” Sen. Kerry must have been referring to some of government’s most spectacular investment “successes”: Amtrak, for example, which was supposed to be profitable, yet has lost more than $30 billion since 1970. Or, closer to home, the Central Artery/Third Harbor Tunnel Project in Boston, known as the Big Dig, which was supposed to cost $2.8 billion and be completed in seven years but ended up costing $14.6 billion over 15 years.

“Taxpayers should be grateful to Sen. Kerry for at least coming clean,” said CAGW President Tom Schatz. “He graciously made explicit what many have suspected for years; namely that many members of Congress believe that taxpayers cannot be trusted with their own money and that government is better positioned to make investment and spending decisions.”

While Sen. Kerry claimed in his comments to have supported tax cuts many times in his over-long and less-than-illustrious career, the National Taxpayers Union has consistently awarded him an “F” for his voting record on tax policy. Sen. Kerry also expressed disdain for the fact that billions of dollars will go unaccounted for and squandered like so much fiscal runoff as a result of Congress’s haste in passing the stimulus bill. He said, “you know, the difference between $50 billion on this bill or $100 billion let's get it moving that is not going to make the difference to the economy.”

“Even for Sen. Kerry, who has a notorious tin ear and an ostentatious demeanor when it comes to public pronouncements, these statements are breathtakingly arrogant,” said Schatz.

For his casual infantilization of American taxpayers and for being the chief spokesperson of the new Nanny State on Steroids, CAGW names Sen. John Kerry February Porker of the Month.

Citizens Against Government Waste is the nation's largest nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement in government. Porker of the Month is a dubious honor given to lawmakers, government officials, and political candidates who have shown a blatant disregard for the interests of taxpayers.
yet this imbecile and other scumbags like him continue to get voted back in. fucking shit.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
dj02
click click

i could of sworn we had a on topic forum for all this garbage.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

thank god his health sucks ... love to see him keel over and die
Old 02-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope Kerry chokes on his wifes dick

Originally Posted by dj02
i could of sworn we had a on topic forum for all this garbage.
Seriously give it up already, don't like it then don't read it or click it...how hard is that really??
Old 02-26-2009, 05:06 PM
dj02
click click

Originally Posted by Nightshade
I hope Kerry chokes on his wifes dick

Seriously give it up already, don't like it then don't read it or click it...how hard is that really??
how hard is it to put it in the correct forum? you guys throw all these rules out and move shit all around but when comes to all this you guys leave it be. if it was in the correct forum i wouldnt read it or click it.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Originally Posted by dj02
how hard is it to put it in the correct forum? you guys throw all these rules out and move shit all around but when comes to all this you guys leave it be. if it was in the correct forum i wouldnt read it or click it.
It's pretty tough actually and none of us mods put up the rules here, that would be the admins job.

On topic is where topics go to die a lonely death, that has always been my stance on that forum and always will.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:15 PM
reno96teg

once again, you're missing the point of "on topic"
Old 02-27-2009, 04:19 AM
reno96teg

bump for the morning crew
Old 02-27-2009, 04:27 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

OK, so they passed a very pricey bill. So we should stop taxing people now too?
Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
OK, so they passed a very pricey bill. So we should stop taxing people now too?
no the point is that what kerry says here is akin to saying you and i dont know how to properly handle the money we earn, rather we should give it ot the government to spend for us.

he prefers the government spending billions and billions as opposed to allowing americans to keep a larger portion of their income and cutting expenses within the government where they can