Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Arizona Man sued for $32 million by illegals who he stopped from entering US

Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona Man sued for $32 million by illegals who he stopped from entering US

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490084,00.html

An Arizona man who has waged a 10-year campaign to stop a flood of illegal immigrants from crossing his property is being sued by 16 Mexican nationals — seeking $32 million in damages — who accuse him of conspiring to violate their civil rights when he stopped them at gunpoint on his ranch on the U.S.-Mexico border, the Washington Times reported Monday.
The rancher, Roger Barnett, 64, began rounding up illegal immigrants in 1998 and turning them over to the U.S. Border Patrol after they destroyed his property, killed his calves and broke into his home, the newspaper reported.
The lawsuit is based on a March 7, 2004, incident in a dry wash on the 22,000-acre ranch, when he approached a group of illegal immigrants while carrying a gun and accompanied by a large dog.
Attorneys for the immigrants — five women and 11 men who were trying to cross illegally into the United States — have accused Barnett of holding the group captive at gunpoint, threatening to turn his dog loose on them and saying he would shoot anyone who tried to escape.
His Cross Rail Ranch near Douglas, Ariz., is known by federal and county law enforcement authorities as "the avenue of choice" for immigrants seeking to enter the United States illegally, the newspaper reports.

got to be kidding me. these people are 1. trespassing illegally on his property 2. entering the country illegally and they sue him?
i'd have done the same thing if time after time my house is broken into and my property vandalized.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:01 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they aren't citizens, they don't have any rights in this country..
Old 02-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

How can they sue? Unless they had passports or visa's I would do the same.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:03 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

How can they sue if they are not citizens, makes no sense.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:05 AM
whoaitslen2
hermit

wow, nuke the bastards!
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by DarkStarr
they aren't citizens, they don't have any rights in this country..
well they have rights

but by illegally entering the country and then trespassing on private property they give up alot of those rights.

you have every right to detain individuals who are illegally trespassing on your property until the authorities arrive. considering the situation this guys in i'm sure his property is posted as such. threatening to shoot anyone who attempts to run is a BIT over the top but i guess he can argue that being as outnumbered as he was he was merely tryin to keep them from coming at him. some of those crossing the border are pretty cut throat people
RicoD
Pull my finger

Asians are rare in Douglas... if any of you AZNs want some good looking latina poon go there.

Wear rubber, those chickas are potent mofos.
å
åhhhhh

you can sue anybody for anything.. doesnt mean you will win or they will pay.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 AM
marvinp8700
if the price is fair

gheyness
Old 02-09-2009, 10:09 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by JessTD
well they have rights

but by illegally entering the country and then trespassing on private property they give up alot of those rights.

you have every right to detain individuals who are illegally trespassing on your property until the authorities arrive. considering the situation this guys in i'm sure his property is posted as such. threatening to shoot anyone who attempts to run is a BIT over the top but i guess he can argue that being as outnumbered as he was he was merely tryin to keep them from coming at him. some of those crossing the border are pretty cut throat people
yea no shit, those fuckers need to be shot as soon as they cross. a family friend went to the back country to check out some land, on the way back the road was blocked by a bunch of rocks, she and her other friend went out to clear it and those fuckers knocked them out and tied them up and left them there... good fucking thing someone happen to be going up a couple hours later and found them.

fuck those illegal shits.