Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Golf crew v. most recent purchase. bert?

Old 02-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Civic2Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golf crew v. most recent purchase. bert?

went today and snagged this guy..except in 8.5 loft and with the VooDoo shaft.

and this guy.

I just went to the range to hit balls and well...I decided it was time to retire my beat up R5 and my 13 year old original Ping B60 IsoForce putter.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:59 PM
KirkLS
Wannabe ///M3 owner

:slap:

I <3 my R5 to this day. Bought it used for $60 and has probably been the best driver I've had out of all 3 that I've owned :chuckles:
Old 02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by KirkLS
:slap:

I <3 my R5 to this day. Bought it used for $60 and has probably been the best driver I've had out of all 3 that I've owned :chuckles:
oh I hearted my R5, but it was damaged over the winter during a storage accident, put a ding in the face.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:26 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

bert has like 10 of those h:

<3 ping ... still rockin my ping putter from the 70's just put a new grip on it last year
Old 02-08-2009, 05:28 PM
KirkLS
Wannabe ///M3 owner

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
oh I hearted my R5, but it was damaged over the winter during a storage accident, put a ding in the face.
Doh. Mine is a 9.5 degree with a stiff Taylormade shaft. Love it. Sets up nice to my eye and I hit it well. I have an R7 also with the weight kit and everything but I just cant hit it. Still sits in the garage
Old 02-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Civic2Scooby

Doh. Mine is a 9.5 degree with a stiff Taylormade shaft. Love it. Sets up nice to my eye and I hit it well. I have an R7 also with the weight kit and everything but I just cant hit it. Still sits in the garage
yeah I had an R5 8.5 with the NV X-flex shaft and I loved it. Well the new 909 is available with the VooDoo shaft which is the new version of the NV shaft. So I was dicking around at the range and decided to hit it...well it was love at first swing. The feel is beautiful and the control is insane. I decided to just pull the trigger. Hit about 100 balls with it and it was spot on.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:45 PM
KirkLS
Wannabe ///M3 owner

I've never hit Titleist products well. They're geared more towards better players and I just dont hit them well. I had a Titleist steel shaft 3 wood that I hit well for a while. Ended up benching it and then selling it shortly after buying my R5. Put the net cost of my R5 at 20 bucks
Old 02-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Civic2Scooby

I've never hit Titleist products well. They're geared more towards better players and I just dont hit them well. I had a Titleist steel shaft 3 wood that I hit well for a while. Ended up benching it and then selling it shortly after buying my R5. Put the net cost of my R5 at 20 bucks
yeah, My 3 wood is also titleist. I will agree most of their products are intended for low handicappers though so I wouldn't recommend them to the every now and again player. I am also getting custom fitted for titleist forged irons come spring time. I always loved titleist products, but could never afford them...well now I can, so I am going to do it right this time h:
Old 02-08-2009, 05:54 PM
KirkLS
Wannabe ///M3 owner

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
yeah, My 3 wood is also titleist. I will agree most of their products are intended for low handicappers though so I wouldn't recommend them to the every now and again player. I am also getting custom fitted for titleist forged irons come spring time. I always loved titleist products, but could never afford them...well now I can, so I am going to do it right this time h:
Exactly. I didnt hit them well even when I was a single digit handicapper. I'm like an 11 now. Have Taylormade driver and fairway woods and Ping i3 irons. I may be hitting up Brett for irons this year though :rick:
Old 02-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Civic2Scooby

Exactly. I didnt hit them well even when I was a single digit handicapper. I'm like an 11 now. Have Taylormade driver and fairway woods and Ping i3 irons. I may be hitting up Brett for irons this year though :rick:
all my woods are titleist and my irons are Mizuno MP-32. I went forged blades last season and I won't ever look back. They are obviously not forgiving like a cavity back, but the workability has been well worth the trade off for me.