Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Response to a letter sent to Tyson on the issue of Labor Day

Old 08-10-2008, 11:41 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Response to a letter sent to Tyson on the issue of Labor Day

A guy I know emailed them and got this reponse. A few others did as well.

Springdale, Arkansas - August 8, 2008 - Tyson Foods, Inc. announced
today it has reached a new agreement with the Retail, Wholesale and
Department Store Union (RWDSU), an American union, reinstating Labor Day as
one of the designated paid holidays under the contract for covered employees
in the Shelbyville, Tennessee, plant.

Tyson made this request on behalf of its Shelbyville plant employees, some
of whom had expressed concern about the new contract provisions relative
to paid holidays. In an effort to be responsive, Tyson asked the union to
reopen the contract to address the holiday issue, and the union agreed to
do so. The union membership voted overwhelmingly Thursday to reinstate Labor
Day as one of the plant's paid holidays, while keeping Eid al-Fitr as an additional
paid holiday for this year only. This means that in 2008 only, Shelbyville employees
will have nine paid holidays.

For the remainder of the five-year contract period, the eight paid holidays will include:
New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day,
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and a Personal Holiday, which could either be the employee's
birthday, Eid al-Fitr or another day requested and approved by their supervisor.

This issue concerns only the plant at Shelbyville, Tennessee. Labor Day has always been
celebrated, and continues to be, at the other 118 Tyson plants across the country.

The Shelbyville complex employs approximately 1,200 people. Approximately 1,000 workers are
covered by the RWDSU union agreement at that location.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, then you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of your unintended receipt by reply and then delete this email and your reply. Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates will not be held liable to any person resulting from the unintended or unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or as a result of any additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.

Last edited by spanky; 08-10-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:45 AM
canada

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, then you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of your unintended receipt by reply and then delete this email and your reply. Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates will not be held liable to any person resulting from the unintended or unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or as a result of any additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.

Way to post the disclaimer too...
Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

The email was sent to several people who wrote in about it so I doubt they really expect it to remain private.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:51 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

well i thought that it was un-American to take Labor Day away but i didn't give a shit enough to write to Tyson.... i mean that is really between them and their employees :dunno: