Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Facebook

Old 08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Facebook

New facebook again- I'm not liking it- the feeds were one thing, but this is just a whole bunch of white, no borders, no lines, and whats up with these crazy tabbed profiles.

It's like everyone has their own mini-website now, it's too much for me to handle h:
Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 PM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally gave in and joined Facebook. It's all new to me.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

to be fair the front page seems useful- but overall it's pretty much myspace 2.0 right now instead of the short, sweet and overall concise facebook of yore

...Okay so maybe it's not that old. After seeing it add photos, then highschools, then feeds, then apps, and still remembering a time when the admins would actually respond to my bug and other suggestive reports I feel like it's just being moved from a smartly-designed academia-engineered site to a cesspool.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

It sure beats the Mickey Mouse format of MS. I've reunited with like 40 people I've known since 2nd grade. It's just less in-your-face than MS. Me likey.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

have you seen the new profile pages? dear lord, the wall posts and mini-feeds along with anything else is now merged.

It's like everything that was good about it just got annihilated

:edit:

okay... getting rid of those yellow pop-ups just helped A LOT

still my head is going to explode with this wall stuff, there's no flow to it

Last edited by sherwood; 08-06-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Originally Posted by sherwood
have you seen the new profile pages? dear lord, the wall posts and mini-feeds along with anything else is now merged.

It's like everything that was good about it just got annihilated
I've been ignoring that "try the new facebook" tool bar at the top. That bad, huh?

I'm not clicking on it, now.
o:
Old 08-06-2008, 08:56 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by Chefboiali
I've been ignoring that "try the new facebook" tool bar at the top. That bad, huh?

I'm not clicking on it, now.
o:
I'll give it a week or so- it's already growing on me.

The apps need to be re-worked, and once the kinks are worked out it will be fantastic- it's just not the old facebook, it's become macro-ized
Old 08-06-2008, 09:45 PM
dj02
click click

i stick to the old format the new one is trash
Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by dj02
i stick to the old format the new one is trash
Anything based on the facebook platform is shit, it's just a massive personal marketing tool.

I miss the days when it was something that one wouldn't mind their boss seeing- or a hiring company for that matter, when it was phone numbers and addresses and everyone's info was available and complete

look at the ads for a moment, and then look at your interests in your profile, change some things around, mess with your relationship status, and note the sharp ad changes. I mean listed as married or in a relationship and you might see a flowers ad, listed as single, you'll see sex ads, change from single to nothing and you'll even get an ad that asks "are you still single?"

Last edited by sherwood; 08-06-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:07 PM
dj02
click click

Originally Posted by sherwood
Anything based on the facebook platform is shit, it's just a massive personal marketing tool.

I miss the days when it was something that one wouldn't mind their boss seeing- or a hiring company for that matter, when it was phone numbers and addresses and everyone's info was available and complete

look at the ads for a moment, and then look at your interests in your profile, change some things around, mess with your relationship status, and note the sharp ad changes. I mean listed as married or in a relationship and you might see a flowers ad, listed as single, you'll see sex ads, change from single to nothing and you'll even get an ad that asks "are you still single?"
uh ya, its a free service how do you think they make their money? its just like the gayspace. they live off of ads.