Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Bf: Bad Company - Xbox 360

Old 06-26-2008, 07:41 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bf: Bad Company - Xbox 360

Good game. Picked it up yesterday.
Haven't tried out the MP yet, but here's my half-assed review.

After about the first 5 minutes, I was about to put Halo back in and call it a loss. But I hung in there, and I'm glad I did.

The graphics are decent and the sound is great. I would say the sound makes up for anything the graphics may be lacking. One of the best things is the ability to blow the shit out of everything. Buildings, trees, the ground. You name it, you can blow it up. I have it turned up real loud on my 7.1 surround sound and the explosions sound amazing. You can even hear the snipers in the distance taking pop shots at you and your team.

There are a ton of different weapons to assist you in destroying everything around. The sniper rifles are nice, but there's no active zooming. Just a single zoom feature. One of the best things in the game is the ability to call in either an air strike or use the enemies radio to call in a mortar attack. You can do this as often as you wish as long you have the right equipment.

The controls feel a bit sloppy. Close up battles can be very frustrating. I had to turn the sensitivity down a bit and this helped tremendously.

There's a lot of vehicles in the game you can use. Jeeps, Boats, Helicopters, and even a golf cart. Unfortunately, controlling them is like trying to drive a motorcycle in reverse.

For some reason, they decided to make the Throttle the Left Trigger. And instead of making the Right Trigger the brake, it's actually the Left Button. Oh, and there's no Reverse. So using any vehicle can quickly turn in to a frustrating experience. You have the capability to switch to different positions in the vehicle with the push of a button. This puts your worthless teammates in the driving postion as you work the guns.

Unfortunately, I guess your teammates don't know how to fly/drive, because they won't do much in the drivers seat. I can honestly say that flying the Helicopter was one of the most frustrating experiences I can remember on the 360.

Overall, I enjoy it. As with the vehicles, your teammates are pretty worthless through the entire game. It's actually nice later in the missions, as you have to go through a couple on your own.

But the story is pretty good and your teammates are pretty funny (atleast they are good for something). The missions are fairly large and on the hardest setting, the game can be very tough and you will likely die a lot.

I would give the game a solid 8 without even trying MP yet.

Last edited by dE.fUsEd; 06-26-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Red X
x pǝɹ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to play this really bad
Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Joe

I'll have to try that
Old 06-26-2008, 07:57 PM
ShaolinLueb

commercials looked good.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:00 PM
dE.fUsEd

Originally Posted by Red X
I want to play this really bad
The demo is on xbl. Might want to check it out.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:20 PM
useless
i like cheese

Old 06-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Red X
x pǝɹ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably didn't play long enough.

I just played the demo and I was able to reverse just fine. Sensitivity definitely had to be lowered.

The controls are the best of both HALO and COD4. I just raped the multiplayer in the demo. The initial single player was alot of fun too. I might buy this game.

Last edited by Red X; 06-26-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Mkazm83
Snapping bolts

Played the demo, didn't like it, seemed slow paced. Back to COD4.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:50 PM
canada

Hah... I love the quips. I want to play.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:39 AM
dE.fUsEd

Originally Posted by Red X
You probably didn't play long enough.

I just played the demo and I was able to reverse just fine. Sensitivity definitely had to be lowered.

The controls are the best of both HALO and COD4. I just raped the multiplayer in the demo. The initial single player was alot of fun too. I might buy this game.
I don't know about the "best". But yeah, I guess there is reverse. My left button is screwy.

I've played through the whole game though. Good enterainment.
The Ghost Town level is hard as hell.