Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Anyone looking for a GM car? 0% APR for 72mo.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone looking for a GM car? 0% APR for 72mo.

They are running a promotion starting tomorrow through Monday June 30th of 72 months with 0%APR.

DAYUM!!!
http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/23/auto...ex.htm?cnn=yes
GM offers 6-year, no interest loans
Promotion to clear out backlog of some models. Price increases for some 2009 models announced.

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe: Customers trading in another GM vehicle could get up to $7,000 in cash on an SUV like this one.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- General Motors will offer large financing incentives to clear out a backlog of 2008 model year vehicles, the nation's No. 1 automaker said Monday.

At the same time, GM (GM, Fortune 500) announced price increases averaging 3.5% on most 2009 models.

GM also announced it is cutting production of trucks and SUVs through the end of the year. Sales of large pick-up trucks and SUVs have been down sharply this year as gas prices have risen and the economy has slowed.

The company also announced it has engaged Citibank to help with a previously announced strategic review of the company's Hummer SUV brand.

Citibank will help GM assess possible offers to purchase the brand from GM, said Mark LaNeve, GM's vice-president for marketing in a conference call. Citibank will also help GM assess other options for Hummer, including a possible revamp of the brand's model line-up.
Incentive deal

The carmaker will offer 0% financing for loans as long as six years on most of its 2008 models. Vehicles included in the program range from large SUVs such as the Chevrolet Suburban to small two-seat sports cars like the Pontiac Solstice.

The promotional program - which will only be available from Tuesday through next Monday, June 30 - will be called the "72-hour sale," the company said.

"We're really trying to spark the market here at the end of the quarter," LaNeve said.

The name of the promotional program comes from the number of hours the typical dealership will actually be open for business during that time.

GM's most popular newly introduced or redesigned models are not included in the promotion. Customers will not get 0% financing on the Chevrolet Malibu and Cadillac CTS sedans or on the company's new three-row crossover SUVs. Hybrid vehicles and other models that are already selling well are also not included in the offer.

For customers financing $30,000 on a new vehicle purchase, 0% financing would be worth almost $8,000 compared to current rates, said Jesse Toprak, an analyst with the automotive Web site Edmunds.com.

Car companies usually offer 0% financing incentives for shorter loans, said Toprak, but six-year 0% financing programs are not unheard of. Because of the expense of forgoing interest payments for so long, deals like this are usually available for short periods of time, Toprak said.

Customers trading in a GM car or truck they now own who forgo the financing offer may be eligible for cash incentives that could total as much $7,000 on some vehicles if they're combined with existing programs.

"We feel this an absolute screaming deal that we hope will spark some traffic and some momentum," said LaNeve.

GM hopes to clear out an inventory that, while low by historic standards, LaNeve said, is now skewed toward large trucks and SUVs because those vehicles have been selling slowly.

Last edited by Draconius; 06-23-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:43 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

impala ss ftw
naw! just a regular impala
Old 06-23-2008, 01:43 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

I didnt read but does the interest hit you like a crack pipe after the 72 munfs?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:45 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Originally Posted by CRAIGHIMSELF
I didnt read but does the interest hit you like a crack pipe after the 72 munfs?

No you have to pay off the car in 72 months...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Originally Posted by THEOLDMAN
No you have to pay off the car in 72 months...
I didnt realize that 72 months is 6 years...Im slow today. Jebus Kristof
Old 06-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Originally Posted by CRAIGHIMSELF
I didnt realize that 72 months is 6 years...Im slow today. Jebus Kristof
What did you think it said? 72 days?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:06 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Originally Posted by Draconius
What did you think it said? 72 days?
In all honesty, I just didnt really think about it. You know me, I dont have payments so it didnt click.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Spec R

if u cant pay off a car in 6 years, thats pretty sad
Old 06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
thomas
pew pew pew

sounds like a good deal if i was in the market for a GM or any car for that matter
Old 06-23-2008, 03:29 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Spec R
if u cant pay off a car in 6 years, thats pretty sad

You'd be surprise at how sad some people are h: