Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

the one thing i miss about my youth

Old 06-20-2008, 12:56 PM
ShaolinLueb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the one thing i miss about my youth

going to the mall every monday night to go to the arcade. i used to love the smell as a kid. the fat ass guy behind the counter that thought he was better then everyone cause he had the keys to the machine. but as time went on the games worse and worse.

i liked playing final fight, double dragon, altered beast, x-men, mercs, midnight resistance, captain america, spiderman, golden axe, ninja turtles, neo geo machines, toki, timecop, virtual racing, virtual cop, in the hunt. yeah i can play them on emulator but its not the same. last time arcade around me closed down a couple months ago, it was filled with racing sims, dance machines, and first person shooters. :wtc:
Old 06-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Tark

fundips...

I tried the other day and it just sucked.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:32 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

What was that one game that was a simulated car driving that had the manual gearbox? The seat came back and out and you could drive a course that had a vertical loop like BMX and skaters do? That game was the shit.

I'll always remember playing that game so intently one night that I ignored a page from a buddy I was supposed to pick up. He ended up walking home and got help up at gun point for his Starter jacket and Nike Air's. I felt so bad.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Originally Posted by CRAIGHIMSELF
What was that one game that was a simulated car driving that had the manual gearbox? The seat came back and out and you could drive a course that had a vertical loop like BMX and skaters do? That game was the shit.

I'll always remember playing that game so intently one night that I ignored a page from a buddy I was supposed to pick up. He ended up walking home and got help up at gun point for his Starter jacket and Nike Air's. I felt so bad.
Was this page on the stolen pager?
Old 06-20-2008, 01:37 PM
MQue
We got this

I miss having no worries in life and having everything paid for.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:44 PM
dj02
click click

Originally Posted by MQue
I miss having no worries in life and having everything paid for.
werd
Old 06-20-2008, 05:48 PM
ShaolinLueb

Originally Posted by CRAIGHIMSELF

hard drivin' if i remember correctly. http://www.arcade-history.com/index....detail&id=1083

what was the helicopter game by sega, where you set in a makeshift helicopter seat?

Last edited by ShaolinLueb; 06-20-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:57 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Growing up there was a Putt Putt mini golf place with a great arcade in it right by me. We always used to nag our parents to take us there. A couple years back when I was visiting home, it had been paved over to make a condo building.

When they first got Dragon's Lair I absolutely could not grasp the concept of a game that was a movie. h:
Old 06-20-2008, 05:58 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

Skee-ball ftw.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:04 PM
ShaolinLueb

skee ball and the basketball stuff

beast busters was another game i loved. i remember going to vacation in wildwood crest nj. and there was this minigolf place, resteraunt, and arcade. they had these holigram games that were like the dragonlair game that was interesting.