Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Has anyone had similar problems selling through Amazon?

Old 06-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone had similar problems selling through Amazon?

Here is my problem. About a week ago, I posted a few books that I don't need anymore through Amazon from the Spring semester. One of them was this book:

Amazon.com: Fundamentals of Corporate Finance Standard Edition: Stephen A. Ross, Randolph W Westerfield, Bradford D Jordan: Books Amazon.com: Fundamentals of Corporate Finance Standard Edition: Stephen A. Ross, Randolph W Westerfield, Bradford D Jordan: Books

However, I don't have the hardcover version, I have the paperback. But Amazon doesn't have a paperback version on their site. It's the same exact book, the only difference is hardcover vs. paperback. So I listed the book under this one and stated in the comments "Please note that this is not the hardcover version." I ended up selling the book the same day.

Fast forward to yesterday. The buyer, a book company in Nebraska, wrote me an e-mail saying this:

We recently purchased a book from you on Amazon (ISBN 9780073530628).
Instead, we received ISBN 9780077260156. According to the Amazon A-to-z
Guarantee, the incorrect item you sent qualifies as materially
different than the item ordered.

We are an approved institutional buyer on Amazon and understand that
mistakes in listing and shipping occur. As a result, negative feedback
will NOT be left on your account. Please issue a full refund for the
purchase price (plus shipping) for order #103-9311269-2628237 to avoid an
A-to-z claim. Because of high volume and no Amazon support for return
shipment cost reimbursement, we are unable to return the incorrect item
to you.

We want to continue to do business with you on Amazon. However, if you
would like us to stop purchasing from you, please visit our seller opt
out form:

http://www.selleroptout.com/optout.a...2628237p204780
So I replied with:

Hello,

I received this message from Amazon stating that you had send me a message regarding a book that I had recently sold on Amazon.com to you. Apparently the book ISBN does not match the book that was listed on Amazon's website.

When I did a search for the book through Amazon to list it, it was the only result that I had found that matched that book. There was no option to list the paperback cover version. For this reason I specifically stated in the item description that this was NOT THE HARDCOVER version of the book.

I apologize that there was any confusion. If you would like a full refund however, it is unreasonable to expect me to issue one without returning the item back to me. I will gladly issue a full refund once the item is sent back. If you would like to send the item back for a refund, please respond to this message or call me at 858-382-3719. Thank you and again, my apologies for the mix up.

-Pete Nagy
Since I clearly stated what the buyer was getting and it is really the same book, I shouldn't have anything to worry about right?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you're gonna get raped.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:23 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

so they are demanding a full refund and already refusing to return the product?

man shit like this makes me hate selling stuff online. so they expect you to eat everything ... gay
Old 06-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

Seriously I would tell them to eat a bowl of dick.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rebeld
so they are demanding a full refund and already refusing to return the product?

man shit like this makes me hate selling stuff online. so they expect you to eat everything ... gay
Yeah exactly, it's probably the most absurd demand I have ever heard since I have been doing business online with people. What kills me more is these guys are a book company so they have probably been exploiting the system like this for a while. I'm just a college kid trying to get a few bucks back after being raped by ridiculous book prices at the beginning of the semester. Whoever ends up buying a second-hand book always wins anyway. But expecting to keep the product AND get a refund? Give me a fucking break.

Originally Posted by Skelly_GSR
Seriously I would tell them to eat a bowl of dick.
The problem is that if they file an A-z claim with Amazon, then Amazon usually settles in favor of the buyer and they take the money back from you without your approval and issue the refund. It's a fucking scam:

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=8662

Last edited by Pete; 06-06-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:33 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

fuck em, send them a bag of shit from Cam.