Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

nine inch nails releases another record

Old 05-05-2008, 05:18 AM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nine inch nails releases another record

download it @

http://www.nin.com/

as a thank you to our fans for your continued support, we are giving away the new nine inch nails album one hundred percent free, exclusively via nin.com.

the music is available in a variety of formats including high-quality MP3, FLAC or M4A lossless at CD quality and even higher-than-CD quality 24/96 WAVE. your link will include all options - all free. all downloads include a PDF with artwork and credits.

for those of you interested in physical products, fear not. we plan to make a version of this release available on CD and vinyl in july. details coming soon.
I would, but I'm at work

Last edited by 19.3secS2K; 05-05-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:33 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Neat.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:09 AM
useless
i like cheese

gonna have to get that when i get home
Old 05-05-2008, 08:33 AM
JGordon

Damn. I've only barely listened to Ghosts, and have only gone through the free track he released a couple weeks ago once. Have to DL this when I get home.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:43 AM
19.3secS2K

not only is it free to get, but also has a Creative Commons license, so you can distribute, make a video on youtube with it as background music, etc. just as long as you attribute it to NIN and don't charge for it.

furthermore, when it comes to digital music distribution:
NIN > radiohead

Radiohead just announced the unique online distribution method with their album In Rainbows was a one-time deal. The band reportedly made millions despite giving it away on their website. Their simple request of fans was to pay what they think it’s worth. Yorke of Radiohead has announced recently that In Rainbows was: “…a one-off response to a particular situation.” Radiohead says it has no plans to repeat the free music online deal.
however, radiohead still has yet to release sales numbers from that album.....

plus, lets not forget the shitty 160mps quality of the download. if you wanted a good quality copy of it, you'd have to buy the cd (and that didn't change the fact that it was a lackluster album to begin with). can you say bait and switch?

Last edited by 19.3secS2K; 05-05-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:04 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19.3secS2K
not only is it free to get, but also has a Creative Commons license, so you can distribute, make a video on youtube with it as background music, etc. just as long as you attribute it to NIN and don't charge for it.

furthermore, when it comes to digital music distribution:
NIN > radiohead

however, radiohead still has yet to release sales numbers from that album.....

plus, lets not forget the shitty 160mps quality of the download. if you wanted a good quality copy of it, you'd have to buy the cd (and that didn't change the fact that it was a lackluster album to begin with). can you say bait and switch?

bait and switch? :rofl:

The simple fact is that they gave away free music. Offering a higher quality, tangible version of their music at a set price is hardly bait and switch.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:14 AM
19.3secS2K

Originally Posted by RB
bait and switch? :rofl:

The simple fact is that they gave away free music. Offering a higher quality, tangible version of their music at a set price is hardly bait and switch.

except that they didn't just give it away. they said choose your price.

I have friends who are diehard radiohead fans, who paid $20 on the download out of principle, just to get inferior quality mp3s.

granted, most people wouldn't know/care. but its just that it seems gimmicky.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:16 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19.3secS2K
except that they didn't just give it away. they said choose your price.

I have friends who are diehard radiohead fans, who paid $20 on the download out of principle, just to get inferior quality mp3s.

granted, most people wouldn't know/care. but its just that it seems gimmicky.
Well it's not radiohead's fault your friends are idiots. Plus, you didn't even have to give a price. If you wanted to, you could just get it without donating.

Plus, 160mps isn't that bad. And if they're diehard fans, they wouldn't have minded supporting their favorite band.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:18 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by RB
Well it's not radiohead's fault your friends are idiots. Plus, you didn't even have to give a price. If you wanted to, you could just get it without donating.

Plus, 160mps isn't that bad. And if they're diehard fans, they wouldn't have minded supporting their favorite band.
They could have donated after the fact too. You're supposed to pay what you think it's worth ... never said you had to pay up front.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:33 AM
19.3secS2K

hey, I didn't pay for it, so it doesn't bother me :exnbp:

just sucks for them, I guess.

I'm just glad I wasn't a fan of theirs. not since hail to the theif

Last edited by 19.3secS2K; 05-05-2008 at 09:41 AM.