Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

For anyone in the DF/W area this weekend

Old 04-02-2008, 11:58 AM
XSrcing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For anyone in the DF/W area this weekend :PICS:

Sloshball

Oh, right. We never lost anyone. Just dignity, and there wasn’t much of that to begin with. I digress…

WHEN/WHERE (tentative, we can talk about this):

When: 11am, Saturday 4/5/08

Where: Cole Park, 75204, on Cole Ave (and McKinney) in between Fitzhugh and Blackburn.

What: The most awesome sport in the Guinness Book of World F*cking Records, man

RULES:

*All standard kickball rules apply. I use the word “all” extremely loosely as I don’t know what the standard kickball rules are. I’m assuming it has something to do with pegging people, catching balls, sculling bawwlllllls, and kicking.

*After teams are selected, the team that gets to kick first is the team that wins the waterfall chug. This, of course, is when both teams line up facing each other and chug beers down the line. First team to finish gets to kick.

*Here is where Sloshball sets the standard for being The Most Awesome Sport Ever: At second base there is a “bar” setup. In order to round second base, the batter must chug half a beer before proceeding to third. Once rounding third base, the ONLY way to score is by going down the slip slide which conveniently leads to home plate. You cannot skip this. If you do, well, we’ll heckle you and stuff. You might lose sleep over it. I’ll get into this more in the KICKING section.

*ENTRACE FEE IS A 12 PACK OF BEER (CANS). Everyone must bring at least this. Don’t bring anything special because everyone is going to be drinking the beer. You just grab, pour, and go. It’s intense.

*AT NO TIME WILL THERE BE A BEER CAN VISIBLE IN THE PARK. NOTHING GETS ON MY NERVES MORE. POUR YOUR BEER INTO YOUR CUP AND THROW THE CAN INTO ONE OF THE MANY TRASHBAGS. THIS IS NOT HARD TO DO AND ONLY TAKES A SECOND. We can drink in the park, but we have to keep the beer cans out of site (this comes straight from the DPD..I usually give them a heads up). We’ve never had a problem before. Let’s keep it this way. This rule is enforced more heavily than the AP and jarring BM rules. We can discuss that later.

*EVERYONE MUST BE 21+. NO EXCEPTION

*I’d like to make an exception to that last rule. If you’re a hot chick, much less a chick, and not 21 then the league (read, me) is okay with you playing. If you do not have the appropriate body parts you can sit and watch; maybe even ump the game.
It is encouraged that you show up in uniform. This is not mandatory, but it sure is a hell of a lot more funny.

DEFENSE

*EVERY PLAYER THAT IS ON THE FIELD FOR DEFENSE MUST BE HOLDING A CUP OF BEER AT ALL TIMES. IF A PLAY IS MADE ON THE BALL WITH NO BEER THEN A FREE BASE IS AWARDED TO THE BATTER AND IF THERE ARE ANY ON BASE RUNNERS THEY GET A FREE ADVANCE. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

*All other standard rules apply. Peg a batter, he/she/it is out. Catch a batter’s ball, he/she/it is out, etc. I know this is a lot to handle and take in, but it will all make sense once you’re drunk and in that magical place.

*Feel free to peg any vomiting batters. This will more than likely win you an MVP award, as it is absolutely hilarious. If you get the vomittee to narf it we may as well crown you King Awesome.

*You will pitch to the batting team. Just roll the stupid ball. No need to try and be fancy. The world will already be spinning at this time.

*Once the ball reaches the pitcher all runners must stop at whatever base they are at. No more advancing.

BATTING

*It is not required, but heavily suggested you hold a beer while kicking. It makes things more awesome.

*A swing and a miss is a strike. A foul ball is a strike. Choose not to swing and it’s a strike. 3 strikes you’re out. Innovative concept.

*There is a bar located at second base. One of the offensive team members will be manning the bar at all times. It is this person’s responsibility to fill up cups half way with beer. When a batter reaches second (when the ball is in play), he/she/it must chug the beer before proceeding to third base.

*Essentially you can have an entire team sitting at second base, safe, whilst waiting for the people ahead to finish their beers. This has yet to happen, but I pray it will someday.

*In order to score, one must slide down the slip ‘n slide (or whatever variation thereof) in order to score. Sometimes people get tackled while sliding. This can’t be helped. Some have a very personal, deep relationship with alcohol and it tells them to do things.

*There is a 5 run limit per inning. Trust me. You will thank me for this later.

DISPUTES

*All disputes are handled with a chug off. This is usually initiated with the “CHALLENGE!!!” call. The challenger will then face the potential offender in a duel of chugs. If the challenger wins the call is reversed. If the defendant wins the call stands. Beer never lies.

NEEDED ITEMS

*Coolers, ice, lawn chairs (you’ll thank me later), people with cameras, a slip ‘n slide, LOTS of plastic cups, trash bags, gratuitous nudity, and full frontal awesomeness. Please advise if you are able to provide any of the aforementioned items.

I believe that covers everything. If I left anything out please respond and CC all. If anyone has any questions have them email me directly (********). This is a messy event, but we have to keep the park clean.

Alright .. let’s get f’d up and play on Zoltar.

Last edited by XSrcing; 04-07-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: put up pictures
Old 04-02-2008, 12:28 PM
canada

Ha... i'd be down.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:23 PM
scotttharobot
beer here

now that sounds like alot of fun...
Old 04-02-2008, 02:56 PM
k3ifers