Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Leaked RIAA Training Video: Find Pirates, Find Crack-Dealing Terrorist Murderers Too!

Old 02-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Grifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaked RIAA Training Video: Find Pirates, Find Crack-Dealing Terrorist Murderers Too!

This is a leaked official RIAA training video produced with the National District Attorneys Association telling U.S. prosecutors why they should bust music pirates: Because it'll lead them to "everything from handguns to large quantities of cocaine [and] marijuana," not to mention terrorists and murderers!

The whole video is over 60 minutes long—these are just two of the more outrageous minutes with Jim Dedman, from the NDAA, interviewing Deborah Robinson and Frank Walters from the RIAA about the benefits of going SWAT on music pirates. At one point, Walters says the piracy/drug connection can be so bad that you get asked "When you buy a CD, would you like it with or without—the with is enclosing a piece of crack or whatever the case may be."

http://gizmodo.com/358648/leaked-ria...-murderers-too

vid in link
Old 02-20-2008, 06:09 PM
umop-apisdn
Allergic to vitamin D

Reefer madness-esque.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:40 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

:chuckles:

What's terrible is all the old farts in charge will probably believe every ounce of nonsense they spew.

"Did you know Al Qaeda uses torrent sites to recruit potential members within the US? Did you know that every one of the college shooters in US history had illegal MP3s, which caused them to go on their shooting rampages? Did you know Ted Bundy once downloaded CCR's "Bad Moon Rising" using Napster? My friends...we have an epidemic on our hands that rivals the old zombie rampages of 1476." Judges and Lawmakers: "MY GOD!"
Old 02-21-2008, 07:16 AM
flyromeo3

If our old farts in charge believe this crap then im moving to Canada.

I cant even think of a stupid comment for this stupidity of the RIAA.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:18 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

this leakage of this vid is all a ploy to scare illegal downloaders, that shit can't be real.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:23 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

i watched this yesterday and realized afterwards , i think they are referring more to people who burn mass quanitities of cd's and sell them ... bootleggers. i dont think they are actually talking about the common kid downloading songs

even though they hate those kids just as much
Old 02-21-2008, 07:25 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

Originally Posted by rebeld
i watched this yesterday and realized afterwards , i think they are referring more to people who burn mass quanitities of cd's and sell them ... bootleggers. i dont think they are actually talking about the common kid downloading songs

even though they hate those kids just as much
people still buy bootlegged cds?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:26 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by NOPD
people still buy bootlegged cds?

. h:
Old 02-21-2008, 07:27 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

I can honestly say I haven't listened to a CD in my car in over a year. Now, I bring my mp3 player everywhere and plug into whatever(both cars, headphones at work, stereo at home)
Old 02-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XScarAudio
I can honestly say I haven't listened to a CD in my car in years. Now, I bring my mp3 player everywhere and plug into whatever(car, headphones at work, stereo at home)
Fixed + word.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net