Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Woman sues Best Buy for $54 million

Old 02-13-2008, 06:34 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Woman sues Best Buy for $54 million

Idk about you....but I hate bestbuy. they sold me a used tv once and they sold my cousin a dead TV.

WASHINGTON, Feb. 13 (UPI) -- A Washington woman is suing Best Buy for $54 million after the company lost her laptop computer while repairing it, it was reported Wednesday.

Raelyn Campbell filed a negligence lawsuit against the Richfield, Minn., electronics retailer in Washington Superior Court Nov. 16 seeking the replacement cost of her $1,100 laptop, its warranty and costs associated with identity theft protection, the Star Tribune reported.

Campbell received $1,110.35 and a $500 gift card for her inconvenience, Best Buy spokeswoman Nissa French told the Minneapolis newspaper in an e-mail.

http://bestbuybadbuyboycott.blogspot.com/
Old 02-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Fire
wanna run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:shake: People are fucking stupid. 54 mil? Right. What a fuckin used up whore.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

Originally Posted by Fire
:shake: People are fucking stupid. 54 mil? Right. What a fuckin used up whore.
:rofl:

But srsly, it happens. I once had my luggage lost by a makeshift airline. Took three months but I got my fair market value.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
strykernyc

Well i think $54 million is fair. Compare to the hundreds of thousands of dollars ppl are being sue for having 10 mp3s in their hard drive....so why not sue the big companies?? they are the one with the money not us.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:52 PM
95SiR
hood rich

suing bestbuy for $54MM and making the news.... and $53.9MM of that is to protect from "identity theft"?? :rofl:
Old 02-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Fire
wanna run

Originally Posted by Dweezel
:rofl:

But srsly, it happens. I once had my luggage lost by a makeshift airline. Took three months but I got my fair market value.
Fair market value being the key words here. I wasnt saying she should get nothing-just that she is a cu*t for trying to pull off 54 million.

Originally Posted by strykernyc
Well i think $54 million is fair. Compare to the hundreds of thousands of dollars ppl are being sue for having 10 mp3s in their hard drive....so why not sue the big companies?? they are the one with the money not us.
People dont get sued hundreds of thousands of dollars for 10 mp3s. Even still, it isnt right going either direction. The sense of entitlement and self flattery now days is obscene.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 PM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

wtf, somebody should punch her clit.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:28 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Originally Posted by NOPD
wtf, somebody should punch her clit.
she might like it :hsdunno:

But the $$$ number is all relative. The point of suing big companies big bucks (aside from the obvious) it to make them feel it or punish them for their negligence... If she sued for, say, $10k, would that do anything at all to alter their policies or even notice that their customer service is a problem? Of course not. Example: that bitch that sued McDonald's $8mil (or whatever it was) for spilled coffee. If she had tried to sue a Mom & Pop coffee shop, it would've been something like $10k, but it would've put the same relative amount of hurt on the company.

I'm not saying I condone this type of thing, but thats the reasoning behind numbers (aside from people just being money-grubbing whores in general h: )
Old 02-13-2008, 07:59 PM
strykernyc

very point there white_n_slow. I just hope bestbuy lose.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Fire
wanna run

She doesnt care about the policy, she only sees dollar signs. That kind of ideology is great in cases where it merits (landfills, public health issues, safety issues, neglect, physical harm, etc...) a change in policy, but in my opinion, the reimbursement + 500 dollars was more than necessary for a lost item. This isnt a case that should have Erin Brokivich making a big company pay for jacking up the little guy. This is a case of a lost item. Big fucking deal.

Thats America. Furthermore, do you think that the little guy doesnt end up paying for the ridiculous numbers that are involved with these frivolous lawsuits? I guarantee you it comes back. It just comes back out of yours and my wallet so that whore can cheat her way to having a lazy ass few years before she blows all that easy money and claims bankruptcy.