Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I SAID go packers

Old 01-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Grifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I SAID go packers

Cops: Dad tied up son who wouldn't cheer for the Pack

By Matthew Call/Capital Newspapers

PARDEEVILLE — A Pardeeville father accused of forcing his 7-year-old son to wear a Packers sweatshirt and then tying him up during the divisional playoff game last weekend said the incident was a joke that "got blown way out of proportion."

Mathew Kowald, 36, was cited for disorderly conduct Wednesday after authorities arrested him Monday on tentative felony charges of causing mental harm to a child and false imprisonment. He was issued only a disorderly conduct citation for the incident.

Kowald reportedly forced a Packers sweatshirt on the boy, who said to his father that he refused to root for the Packers and was told by Kowald that anyone who said that would be grounded. Kowald allegedly also wrapped his son in insulation tape, forcing him to watch the football game.

"He wanted the juvenile to be a Packers fan, and I would suggest he went about it the wrong way," Columbia County Lt. Wayne Smith said.

The boy's mother took pictures of the incident on her cell phone camera and filed them with the Columbia County Sheriff's Department.

Kowald pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct after he was released from the Columbia County Jail. He received a fine of $186.

On Wednesday afternoon, Kowald said his son was challenging him in a friendly manner that he would not root for the Packers against the Seattle Seahawks when Kowald got home from work Saturday and began to watch the football game.

In a joking manner, Kowald said he told his son to put on the Packers sweatshirt and his son refused, throwing it back at him in jest, Kowald said.

In a continuation of that joke, Kowald said he tied the boy up and that his son was laughing at first.

"It was like if you buried someone in the sand," Kowald said. "My wife was sitting right there, taking pictures, laughing.

"Then he couldn't get out and he got upset and that's it. It lasted a minute," Kowald added. "I didn't mean no harm, and he knows that, but I haven't been able to tell him that."

Reached by phone Wednesday, the boy's mother, Rebecca Kowald, declined to comment. According to the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access Web site, she filed a restraining order Wednesday against her husband.

"I know I sound like the Big Bad Wolf, but anyone who knows me knows I'm not," he said. "It was just for fun. To me, it's something dads do with their kids, they wrestle around.

"I never would have dreamed something like this would happen."

Columbia County District Attorney Jane Kohlwey said there was not enough evidence to support the felony charges.

"I wouldn't agree with what he did," Kohlwey said. "But, legally, a parent can restrain a child.

"I have no proof of emotional damage," Kohlwey added. "I have to follow the law."

According to a Columbia County Sheriff's Department report, Kowald told his son "he wasn't allowed to get out (of the tape) unless he was going to be a Packer fan."

Rebecca Kowald reported the incident Monday, the Columbia County Sheriff's Department said.

Kowald allegedly came home at around 5 p.m. Saturday and began yelling because he could not find a television remote control, according to a sheriff's department report.

After wrapping the boy's wrists and ankles together, his mother asked Kowald if she could free him, according to the report. Kowald reportedly said no but let the boy's sister cut him free with a pair of scissors.

The boy told the sheriff's department he was not injured in the incident. The boy also said he was a Packers fan and was scared of being tied up.

http://www.wiscnews.com/bnr/news/267703
Old 01-18-2008, 12:11 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pardeeville? What an awesome name for a town
Old 01-18-2008, 12:21 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

wat dah fudge :shake:

man what a waste of taxpayers dollars

shit if it was a crime to do something like that ... my pops would be in jail

i distinctly remember one time, i was prolly 4 or 5 and we were messing around in one of my dads stores. well i went and hid in a shipping tote in the receiving room. In walks my dad and he takes 3 full totes and places them on top of the one i'm in so i cant get out. Then he says he's sending me to the Detroit warehouse (that was our main DC at the time). Next thing i hear is the bay door open up and my dad talking to an unknown voice saying ot take those totes over there ... i feel the tote moving ... put down, doors shut ... no noise no nothing ... at this point im freaking out so bad i'm crying

then it lights up ... heres my dad standing there with a friend of his laughing his ass off. at that point i realized he was kidding and said i hated him but then he bought me candy and i was
Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 PM
skabone69

he just made a bears fan out of that kid. poor dad
Old 01-18-2008, 12:39 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Good. Kid needs to learn that football takes precedence during playoff season.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:07 PM
dj02
click click

his wife needs to get kicked in the vag
Old 01-18-2008, 02:23 PM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

Originally Posted by dj02
his wife needs to get kicked in the vag
You got to hit the g-spot in order for that to work though.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:56 PM
MQue
We got this

Originally Posted by e3NiNe
Good. Kid needs to learn that football takes precedence during playoff season.
true
Old 01-19-2008, 05:19 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

I heard for the game it's gonna be a -15 deg with wind chill factor by game time. :noes:

No game is worth going to in that cold. h:
Old 01-19-2008, 05:25 AM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

packers will lose