Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Dear E-buddies

Old 12-08-2007, 12:11 AM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear E-buddies

I want to share something with you. I've debated with myself whether or not I should make this thread. But I've convinced myself that it would be in best interests to.

I've had this page open for the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how to word this thread. But I just cant figure out a way that I am happy with. So I will just be straight forward.

I would really appreciate it if you guys read the following. It is a copy and paste of a letter that I am sending out to basically everyone that I know...and obviously to people that I might not. Here it goes.

I have been a part of East Bay Asian Youth Center for nearly five years. I began work here as a tutor in a part-time job whilst working towards my college degree in Human Development. At first, I came to this job expecting nothing more than a paycheck while doing something positive for the youth that I served. Quickly, I realized that I was a part of something far more influential than mere tutoring.

I discovered that as I taught algebra to my students, I was also a listener. As I reviewed spelling skills with them, I was sought for advice on their friendships. As I read stories with them, I found myself caring for their well-being and their social development as a trusted peer.

Before long, I felt like my work and time made a difference in the quality of my students' lives. I've found that being a positive influence for youth - in any capacity - was what I loved. Yet being a tutor with a small class wasn’t enough; I found a need to reach out to more students.

I started with a class of less than ten students as a tutor. Soon after, I was promoted by EBAYC to program assistant. From this position, I've been able to learn the operations of a comprehensive after-school program. More importantly, I have continued to learn how to teach as a profession, while still being mindful that textbook learning is just the start of my responsibilities as a mentor. I now direct my own after-school program with 175 youths under my tutelage. As for the future, who knows what is going to be in stored.

My story is only one of many here at EBAYC.

EBAYC makes these opportunities for social growth possible. Whether it's for someone like me who is eager to serve the community or for youths that have nowhere else to turn for guidance, EBAYC is an agent of change.

We are a group of mentors committed to our community, relentlessly pursuing new ways to improve our students' lives, despite negativity that may that surround them. With great humility, we would be immensely grateful for any donation you can provide. With your support, we can continue our mentoring programs and serve as a guiding light for youths in need of both academic and social support.

We have made a difference in the lives of thousands of students thus far. Please help us so that we may continue to do so.

Thank you.

If you decide to donate through PayPal, please mark the box and put in that you are supporting William Wong.

To donate online by credit card or if you are a PayPal member:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...harset=UTF%2d8

To donate by cash or check, please download this attachment and send it in with your donation.

(All donations are tax deductible)
----------------------------------
Awesome people as of 12/19 9:27PM

$330

Chef
agent87
Drew
Carlos
Fire
Eddie
Janna
JGordon
kento
skelly
Rico
RB
Spank
thomas
nevetS
Chanc
Phat
Brett (for a super awesome donation)
S2Kev

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION MARK NEXT TO YOUR NAME OR IF YOUR NAME ISNT ON HERE!

Last edited by b00gers; 12-19-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:16 AM
KirkLS
Wannabe ///M3 owner

Is there a dead line to have to donate by?
Old 12-08-2007, 12:22 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by KirkLS
Is there a dead line to have to donate by?
Jan 8th, 2008. When school starts up again :hs:
Old 12-08-2007, 02:49 AM
canada

Best of luck man. Hope you reach whatever goal you set out for both with this and with your future in general.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:11 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

It wasn't much, but done, good luck with this Will
Old 12-08-2007, 07:17 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

we can't donate by checking account through paypal??

This is why I respect you Will. You are a good hearted person and I hope you are successful in whatever you do man.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

You're a good man, Wilma Brown
Old 12-08-2007, 09:22 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Wiwl, I'll be living on my credit card through the holidays due to buying gifts for everybody, but I put in what I can afford. I hope it helps
Old 12-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Fire
wanna run

done
Old 12-08-2007, 09:42 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by canada
Best of luck man. Hope you reach whatever goal you set out for both with this and with your future in general.
Thanks. I am also trying to think of other ways to fund raise. If you guys know of any, holler :hugglez:

Originally Posted by RicoD
It wasn't much, but done, good luck with this Will
Thanks. Any will help.

Originally Posted by NOPD
we can't donate by checking account through paypal??

This is why I respect you Will. You are a good hearted person and I hope you are successful in whatever you do man.
I am not sure if you can donate through the link with a checking account. If you are a Paypal member, I am almost certain that you can. I will looking into this right now. Thanks for the words

Originally Posted by Derek
You're a good man, Wilma Brown
Thanks.

Originally Posted by RB
Hey Wiwl, I'll be living on my credit card through the holidays due to buying gifts for everybody, but I put in what I can afford. I hope it helps
Thanks. Any support will help.

Originally Posted by Fire
done
Thanks