Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I can now watch youtube vids!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can now watch youtube vids!!!

on my phone!!! This is going to help me in those times when boredom strikes h:
was able to before through another site, but now I can go directly to youtube
Old 09-19-2007, 07:43 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Now you have an iPhone?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:44 AM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

no :deek:

still got my Wingy :reechy:
Old 09-19-2007, 07:45 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally Posted by Derek
no :deek:

still got my Wingy :reechy:
And you put that thing up to your ear? :ugh:
Old 09-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

Originally Posted by randomtask77
And you put that thing up to your ear? :ugh:
yes :shhh:

btw, I should be able to send messages via bt now :rick:
Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally Posted by Derek
yes :shhh:

btw, I should be able to send messages via bt now :rick:
LOL, I did that to some guy in a restaurant. He thought it was someone from the restaurant that was sending him messages and he was asking his waitress for his free dessert and whatnot. Up until I put "You blow goats, I have proof." did he really start to look around and I was at the next table. :chuckles:
Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

Originally Posted by randomtask77
LOL, I did that to some guy in a restaurant. He thought it was someone from the restaurant that was sending him messages and he was asking his waitress for his free dessert and whatnot. Up until I put "You blow goats, I have proof." did he really start to look around and I was at the next table. :chuckles:
hahah, stuff like that is funny. I remember you telling me about the movie theater before, too :chuckles:

I was trying out btcrawler, but it didn't pick up my friends bt. I guess I'll try to do it through contacts and send as a vcard.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:55 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

I still want to know how i can send messages via bluetooth. I have a Cingular Blackberry 8700c...school me trace$ on what i need to do
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally Posted by IluvJae
I still want to know how i can send messages via bluetooth. I have a Cingular Blackberry 8700c...school me trace$ on what i need to do
You do it via your contacts or your phonebook. Start a new contact and type in the message that you want to say instead of the name. Then save it and go to your options and have it sent via bluetooth.

First I check to see if there is anybody in the area that has left their bluetooth on. You could do that by simply going to "add device" or something similar on your phone that checks for nearby bluetooth devices to pair with.

Then I go to the contacts and make a message to send.

For example, when I was at the restaurant, I put "Free Drinks On The House" in the name field and I sent it via bluetooth.

It kinda sucks now because most phones need to be paired or the owner physically has to accept the contact being sent. When bluetooth was still kinda new back then, phones just automatically accepted it. Also, don't think that if someone is wearing a headset that their phone could accept messages. Most low-end bluetooth phones can only handle single bluetooth transfers and can't accept messages if they have their headset paired (most of these are RAZR's).

Usually Nokia's and LG's are the best to bluejack. Samsungs need to be paired, so I don't even try (even the low end models).

The fun thing is, it could be done practically anywhere. Starbucks, the movies, a restaurant anywhere where there is a lot of people. Just make sure that you don't look obvious when you're fiddling with your phone (or don't touch your phone when you've sent the message).

The one think I'd like to do is take a pic of the person and sent it their phone. It takes a little more finesse as you have to find out what phone they're holding to figure out who you're bluejacking, but it gets a hilarious response as if they've just seen a ghost or something. :chuckles:
Old 09-19-2007, 08:23 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Oh, and I forgot to add, make sure you change the "name" of your phone. The default is the phone model, so if the guy you're jacking knows the model phone you have, they could pretty much narrow down who is sending the messages.

It should be under the bluetooth settings.