Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Police shoot woman's 2 dogs during wrong address no knock

Old 08-23-2007, 03:20 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police shoot woman's 2 dogs during wrong address no knock

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=5595688

Police allegedly broke into wrong home, killed 2 dogs
WLS

August 22, 2007 - A Chicago woman says police broke into her apartment by mistake and killed her two dogs.
Related Links

Jacqueline Castillo says there are many bullet holes in her home after police opened fire on the dogs Wednesday. She says the officers had a search warrant for another apartment in the same building.

"They came in here like a western shootout and shot two helpless animals by mistake," said Jacqueline Castillo.

Chicago Police say they won't comment until they complete an investigation of the incident.
No knocks ftw
Old 08-23-2007, 03:25 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

That'll teach her.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:30 AM
MQue
We got this

That is way messed up.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:11 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

smooooth
Old 08-23-2007, 05:20 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

I had the police do that to me sorta. I was laying in bed sleep and all of a sudden i heard someone say Police come out. It's like 200 degrees in my apt so i'm wearing nothing but my boxers. I get out there and find several police officers and the maintenance man walking through my apt. Apparently someone was calling for help and it sounded like it was coming from my apt. I thought i was going to jail. Glad i didnt have any dogs or they would've shot them :wtc:
Old 08-23-2007, 05:23 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

well if they have a warrant they really don't have to knock ... and if they do its usually only once before they break the door down. but to have the wrong apartment is rediculous ... sounds like poor identification by police, especially if they entered and started shooting. i'd be suing that police department and the lead officers asses off. they fucked up big time
Old 08-23-2007, 05:24 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

No knocks are pretty scary since anyone can go to any novelty store and buy FBI or Police shirts and kick in your door to rob you. How are you to know if they're legit or not, especially if you're a law abiding citizen who would have no reason for SWAT to be disrespecting your famiry.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Originally Posted by spanky
No knocks are pretty scary since anyone can go to any novelty store and buy FBI or Police shirts and kick in your door to rob you. How are you to know if they're legit or not, especially if you're a law abiding citizen who would have no reason for SWAT to be disrespecting your famiry.
I think a while back there was a series of burglaries where guys were doing that.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:26 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

:chuckles: at famiry

srsly though ... how often do you see swat wait for someone to open the door ... usually they bust it down then start yelling or throw a flashbang in a window then bust through the door ... theres a reason they don't announce themselves
Old 08-23-2007, 05:43 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spanky
couldnt they just knock and then rob you too?