Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Don't piss me off, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies

Old 08-13-2007, 07:43 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't piss me off, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/6943734.stm

Fine threat over T-shirt slogan

Mr Pratt said the slogan was intended to be humorous

A man spotted wearing a T-shirt bearing an "offensive" slogan in a city centre has been warned he risks an £80 fine if he is caught again.
Forklift driver David Pratt was told by street wardens in Peterborough he could cause offence or incite violence.
The slogan on the garment read: "Don't piss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies."
Peterborough City Council said using insulting or offensive language was an offence, even if it appeared in print.
Mr Pratt, 46, an American living in Peterborough, was approached by the wardens as he waited for a bus with his wife Elly.
"It is insane. I have worn it in the city centre hundreds of times", said Mr Pratt, whose wife bought him the T-shirt in Venice Beach, California.
"Most people who see it just chuckle. Some people have even stopped me to tell me they like my T-shirt.
It's a bummer because I like the shirt but I am trying to get citizenship but if I get a fine I can kiss citizenship goodbye

David Pratt

"We have put this incident online on several blogs and 90% of people who have commented said they found it hilarious or that I should have the right to wear it wherever I like."
Asked whether he would wear the T-shirt again, Mr Pratt replied: "I am wearing it now. If I get a written apology I will wear it in the city centre again."
He continued: "It's a bummer because I like the shirt, but I am trying to get citizenship but if I get a fine I can kiss citizenship goodbye."
He added: "I really don't see how the wording on my T-shirt could incite violence - it's humour, that's all it is."
In a statement, Peterborough City Council said: "The incident is the subject of an official complaint to the council and is currently under investigation.
"However, using offensive, abusive, or insulting language is an offence under the Public Order Act, which also applies to such language appearing in print.
"In what was an amicable conversation, the street warden advised the gentleman concerned that his T-shirt could cause offence and if he was to wear it again he could run the risk of being issued an £80 on-the-spot fine from the police."
:rofl: That guy looks creepy.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:12 PM
lil_1_2002

i have that shirt i think..
Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

crazy brits
Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Civic2Scooby

yup that is just asking for an ASBO fine.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:46 PM
sinthetiq

i must be a FOB, cuz that doesnt really make sense to me. if he had a lot of places to hide bodies, then i wouldn't want to piss him off.. but since he's running out of places, then he's less likely to 'bury' me.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Its saying that a lot of people have pissed him off and he has killed them all, so don't mess with him.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:11 PM
sinthetiq

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
Its saying that a lot of people have pissed him off and he has killed them all, so don't mess with him.
no, really.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:25 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
yup that is just asking for an ASBO fine.
I'd google ASBO if wasn't so lazy...
EDIT: oh, Anti-Social Behavior Order - getting that for a t-shirt is so :ghey:

Normally I'd say that's BS (it is) and the shirt is clearly meant to be humorous so no reason to be offended but since he's one of us yanks and is overseas, I think he should just stop wearing it over there and let it go - no reason to perpetuate negative stereotypes IMO :shrug: (that's what I would do)

...and I'm pretty sure I've seen that shirt in a walmart or something.

Last edited by A-series; 08-13-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:51 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Originally Posted by sinthetiq
no, really.
You're the one it didn't make sense to.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:29 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

:england: :rofl: