Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

X-Games 13

Old 08-03-2007, 05:47 AM
GotJDM?
No longer a Honda Driver.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nizmugen
slo mo that on the last clip, his freakin face is in his chest
Old 08-03-2007, 05:54 AM
MQue
We got this

Originally Posted by rebeld
that random dude as you put it is scott murray ... a MI boy!!! he has landed the double ... only other person to do that was pastrana last year. so i wouldnt just call him some random dude. your going to be seeing a lot more of him. best thing about him is he is a no-name, amateur rider without the big sponsorships. his ability to land that double is what got him on the comp
Monster sponserd him that was the only way he was able to get in x-games and the fact he landed it 4 times
Old 08-03-2007, 06:03 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how Jake Brown got up after that fall. After seeing the slow motion replay of impact, I thought for sure he would be paralyzed.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:09 AM
MQue
We got this

Originally Posted by RB
I don't know how Jake Brown got up after that fall. After seeing the slow motion replay of impact, I thought for sure he would be paralyzed.
Werd he must have a angel looking out for him
Old 08-03-2007, 06:15 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by Bishop
Monster sponserd him that was the only way he was able to get in x-games and the fact he landed it 4 times
how often are you told your full of shit? im guessing its like 99% of the time.

the dude did not make it in thanks to some sponsorship nor was it because he landed it "4 times".

this is a amateur freestyle rider who is from the UP of Michigan. he drove from there to cali in a decommissioned ambulance. How did he wind up on the X-games? not by that bullshit answer you just gave.

he is the one who got himself into the comp. he called the xgames hotline and asked for an invite. they kept transfering him until someone finally said provide us with footage of you pulling this double back flip and we will get you in.

he had never actually landed the trick prior to this, he had only done it into his foam pit. his xgames invite was secured by a single 1 minute video of him landing the trick ONCE not 4 times. he sent the video to the bigwigs himself, no thx to monster. the video is also posted up on youtube and myspace and is one of the biggest hits currently.

stop with your bullshit its getting pretty fucking annoying

edit: heres what got him into the x-games
this video and this video alone is what convinced them to let him in

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=13859485
NWS for language

Last edited by shirley; 08-03-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:23 AM
MQue
We got this

Originally Posted by rebeld
how often are you told your full of shit? im guessing its like 99% of the time.

the dude did not make it in thanks to some sponsorship nor was it because he landed it "4 times".

this is a amateur freestyle rider who is from the UP of Michigan. he drove from there to cali in a decommissioned ambulance. How did he wind up on the X-games? not by that bullshit answer you just gave.

he is the one who got himself into the comp. he called the xgames hotline and asked for an invite. they kept transfering him until someone finally said provide us with footage of you pulling this double back flip and we will get you in.

he had never actually landed the trick prior to this, he had only done it into his foam pit. his xgames invite was secured by a single 1 minute video of him landing the trick ONCE not 4 times. he sent the video to the bigwigs himself, no thx to monster. the video is also posted up on youtube and myspace and is one of the biggest hits currently.

stop with your bullshit its getting pretty fucking annoying

edit: heres what got him into the x-games
this video and this video alone is what convinced them to let him in

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=13859485
NWS for language
It was'nt a foam pit it was a foam landing that he landed and I dont need to BS about anything
Old 08-03-2007, 06:27 AM
GotJDM?
No longer a Honda Driver.

IByoutwokissandmakeuphomos
Old 08-03-2007, 06:30 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by Bishop
It was'nt a foam pit it was a foam landing that he landed and I dont need to BS about anything
IT WAS A FUCKING FOAM PIT!!!!

do you know anything about this shit? i have just a wee bit o experience in motocross ... and when freestyle riders practice new tricks as extreme as this they use a fucking foam pit. theres no such thing as a "foam landing" they launch and when they land its into a foam pit. thats how its done for christs sake. that way when they land upside down they have the least chance of injury... i think id know ... we use to practice with a foam pit at my buddies.

your talking out of your ass. granted this is a pitiful subject to call it out on but enough is enough.

still dont wanna listen? maybe you should read the kids article on the front page of the XGAMES site:

http://expn.go.com/expn/story?id=2959184

show me in there where it says monster got him the spot, show me where it says he landed it 4 times to seal his spot, show me where it doesnt say foam pit.... she me just once that you didnt talk out of your ass about this kid
Old 08-03-2007, 06:33 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Originally Posted by article
But even those in the know might not know that he landed numerous double backflips into his home-made foam pit before deciding that he was sitting on Moto X's version of a winning lottery ticket. On Wednesday, July 18, he cold-called ESPN's 800 number and floored the operator on the other end by asking for an X Games invite.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:35 AM
Fire
wanna run

dude, sand in da vagina, sand in da vagina!