Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Searching for a ELD Module

Old 07-08-2007, 08:09 AM
guyolson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching for a ELD Module

Hopefully someone out there can help...my nephew has a 1989 Acura Integra LS with a 1.6 liter and he is having problems with it stalling and stuttering. My brother has replaced his fuel filter and got the air out of the lines but there is still a problem. I found on line that the problem might be caused by something called an Electronic Load Detection (ELD) module but I cannot find this part or even a picture of this part located anywhere. Anyone know anything about this out there? I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:15 AM
DC2

Have you personally checked the engine code?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:48 PM
mike01civic

I don't think the ELD would be responsible for stuttering and stalling. I had a bad ELD on my civic and the only noticeable difference was that my CEL was illuminated.

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/

In my civic the code for a ELD was P1298. There's a low and a high voltage code, so be careful. Also, in my 01 civic, the ELD was removable able to be purchased separately. In many cases a bad ELD will result in purchasing a new fuse box, since it's permanently attached in there.