Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

how to tell if your doctor's one of the good guys

Old 07-06-2007, 06:22 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more respect for bowhunters than someone who hunts with a gun?

no offense jana but thats just ignorance talking. i hear that from people and it irks me to no end. i take great pride in my skills with a rifle. they both take just as much skill and control.

and you realized fish and poultry have more wasted parts than say a deer right?

try shooting a target 300 yards away moving at about 15-20mph through trees, with a projectile thats less than a 1/2 inch diameter and place it in a area less than a 8 inches wide and 5 inches tall ...
Old 07-06-2007, 06:28 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Originally Posted by EriksShadow
I only eat fish and poultry. h: So.. the majority of those animals would be wasted on me. h:

Personally.. I have just never been a fan of hunting. But.. I do have more respect for bowhunters then gun hunters. And.. if the entire animal is used .. I'm less irked by it.

I was just having this conversation the other day... If the animal is respected and revered... and the entire animal used for a purpose.. I'm not as irked as I would be if used just for sport.

Edit: Honestly... your posts on poaching that I've seen... have actually helped me see a different side and not be so judgemental or biased towards hunters. But I still don't wanna be around a bunch of animal heads on plaques. :ugh:
Bowhunting surely requires more hunter presence than rifle hunting since you're going to have to be alot closer to your target, rifle hunting isn't that easy either. You still have to be perfect, immobile, and be able to humanely take down your target at will.

And like Jesse said, much more is discarded with fish & pork than deer.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:34 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

if it makes ya feel any better, on shoulder mounts the only real parts are the antlers and hide...otherwise its essentially styrofoam
Old 07-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Originally Posted by rebeld
more respect for bowhunters than someone who hunts with a gun?

no offense jana but thats just ignorance talking. i hear that from people and it irks me to no end. i take great pride in my skills with a rifle. they both take just as much skill and control.

and you realized fish and poultry have more wasted parts than say a deer right?

try shooting a target 300 yards away moving at about 15-20mph through trees, with a projectile thats less than a 1/2 inch diameter and place it in a area less than a 8 inches wide and 5 inches tall ...
The reason I respect bowhunting more is just because I despise guns.. and it stems from my outlook on weapons. I fully admit hunting is not a subject I know anything about.. so.. I'm not even going to try to claim I do and argue my stance. I just don't like guns. :dunno: As for parts waisted in terms of what I eat.. I'll admit I was not aware of that. But again.. that stems from my own personal stance that started out as nutrition reasons. Since giving up red meat and pork.. I've felt healthier and more energetic.

And I just really really like sushi.

One day.. I wouldn't be surprised if I went full vegitarian. :dunno:
Old 07-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

if it makes ya feel any better, on shoulder mounts the only real parts are the antlers and hide...otherwise its essentially styrofoam
It's the fake eyes and expressions. :shudder:
Old 07-06-2007, 06:41 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there are enough dummies on myspace as it is, I don't think we need any more.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:47 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by EriksShadow
The reason I respect bowhunting more is just because I despise guns.. and it stems from my outlook on weapons. I fully admit hunting is not a subject I know anything about.. so.. I'm not even going to try to claim I do and argue my stance. I just don't like guns. :dunno: As for parts waisted in terms of what I eat.. I'll admit I was not aware of that. But again.. that stems from my own personal stance that started out as nutrition reasons. Since giving up red meat and pork.. I've felt healthier and more energetic.

And I just really really like sushi.

One day.. I wouldn't be surprised if I went full vegitarian. :dunno:
well thats understandable ... i couldn't fathom "dispising" guns. i had my first rifle before i could ride a bicycle. i was shooting .22's with perfect accuracy by the time i was 8. one year for christmas all i got was a new shotgun from my grandpa and a rifle from my pops. my grandfathers gun collection currently sits at a little over 500 pieces and he just sold about that same amount

that should explain why i get a lil sand in my vag when people start knockin guns and rifle hunting. i take great pride in my ability to ethically kill a animal and have the presence of mind to size a kill before i attempt it as to wether i can pull a good shot or wether it will require more possibly resulting in a loss
Old 07-06-2007, 07:43 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

real men kill animals with their bare hands, not guns.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:19 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by RB
real men kill animals with their bare hands, not guns.
i've slit plenty of throats :hsdunno:

does that count?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:24 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

i've slit plenty of throats :hsdunno:

does that count?
No, hands or you fail. Deers don't use knives.