Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   Motherf*** you Cheddar's. (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/272706-motherf-you-cheddars.html)

yellowbastard 06-23-2007 03:01 PM

Motherf*** you Cheddar's.

So my gf gets off work earlier and we decide to go out and pick up something to eat. We ended up going to Cheddars. I had not been there in a couple years so I forgot what the atmosphere was like until I got there. It's more like a restaurant "style" cafeteria since you order off the menu and the food is something you would see at Picadilly or Old Country Buffet.

Anyway, I wasn't very pleased with our waiter from the beginning. She seemed too laid back and asked us if we wanted our drinks refilled (that's bad in my opinion, a good waiter brings you a new glass before you're down to the ice without asking). Plus she was pretty slow all around.

We finish up our food and she brings the check so I give her my check card and she comes back and says it was declined. :thinking: I told her to go back and swipe it again because there is no way that card should get declined and she insisted she swiped it twice but got the same results. To get it out of the way I gave her a different card to pay for the meal on. While I'm sitting there I call my bank and make sure the card didn't get shut down for some odd reason and they assured me everything was fine. They verify the amount that the waitress tried to charge and said everything looked good, "it must be a problem with their machine".

So after the waitress comes back with my receipt for the 2nd card I gave her, I told her of the situation because I didn't want her to think I was trying to give her a bad card. She gave me this stupid look and said, "Sorry, no. I tried to swipe it through the machine twice and it came back declined. It's got nothing to do with our machine."

WTF. I fucking blew up on that b1tch! My gf had to calm me down because I was so pissed. I left that b1tch a penny for a tip.

^Added to my list of Never Eating There Again restaurants.

veen 06-23-2007 03:03 PM

shit happens :dunno:
sounds like shitty service though nonetheless

KirkLS 06-23-2007 03:04 PM

I've been getting bad luck at restaurants lately too

AcuraFanatic 06-23-2007 03:04 PM

Hahaha wow, talk about over reacting.

98CoupeV6 06-23-2007 03:05 PM

Grow up and get over it. I think everyone has had far shittier restaraunt experiences than that :down: Why didn't you just talk to the manager before being a dick to the girl?

Brar 06-23-2007 03:07 PM

who cares what some waitress thinks, nice tip though :bowrofl:

useless 06-23-2007 03:11 PM

you totally owned that waitress

yellowbastard 06-23-2007 03:16 PM

If you would have seen her look and her attitude toward me you would have reacted the same way. When you're serving a customer you're supposed to listen to the problem and understand the situation without pointing blame especially since you're expecting a tip.

Zackk 06-23-2007 03:50 PM

A waitress spilled a coke in my fucking lap at a CHeddar's. :mad:

Brar 06-23-2007 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by zma21 (Post 3538875)
A waitress spilled a coke in my fucking lap at a CHeddar's. :mad:

she offer to clean if up for you? :hsugh:

Zackk 06-23-2007 03:53 PM

They only offered me a free fucking desert. :mad::mad:

The bitch was really fat and had bad acne.

aux 06-23-2007 03:54 PM

id be fucking pissed off too. especially cause im ballin. embarassin. it hasnt happened yet tho

MrFatbooty 06-23-2007 04:11 PM

See you need to live in a college town where there's a neverending supply of good looking college girls perfectly willing and able to be competent waitresses for meager pay.

aux 06-23-2007 04:12 PM

true that booty.

Omie 06-23-2007 05:07 PM

krista and i went to dinner at red lobster today, the food was good but my main meal, tasted horrible, drinks were great. got my meal comp, but not the drinks, i usually don't complain about food but it was just really bad. i left the waiter a good tip though, because i'm not really a jerk, especially when its not his fault.

Black2KGSR 06-23-2007 05:49 PM

Sounds like you overreacted quite a bit. Asking you if you want a refill is bad? :rofl:
I only swipe cards once if they're declined, because if I swipe a second time, we get charged.

useless 06-23-2007 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Omie (Post 3538921)
krista and i went to dinner at red lobster today, the food was good but my main meal, tasted horrible, drinks were great. got my meal comp, but not the drinks, i usually don't complain about food but it was just really bad. i left the waiter a good tip though, because i'm not really a jerk, especially when its not his fault.

The problem was you went to red lobster.
red lobster :ugh:

KirkLS 06-23-2007 06:30 PM

I haven't been to Red Lobster in like 10 years

yellowbastard 06-23-2007 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Black2KGSR (Post 3538937)
Sounds like you overreacted quite a bit. Asking you if you want a refill is bad? :rofl:

Most places I go to bring me a new drink before I'm even finished with the first. That's excellent service. If I waited tables, I'd do the same. Theres nothing worse than eating your food and not having a drink to wash it down.

They are serving you, you shouldn't have to remind them. :rolleyes:

Black2KGSR 06-23-2007 07:47 PM

you didn't have to remind her...she asked you.

yellowbastard 06-23-2007 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Black2KGSR (Post 3539030)
you didn't have to remind her...she asked you.

Why would you ask me if I wanted a refill if it was only the first glass I drank? The meal had not even come out yet.

"Uhhh, no thank you. I'll just eat my food and not drink anything else for the rest of the meal." :rolleyes:

RB 06-23-2007 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by yellowbastard (Post 3539033)
Why would you ask me if I wanted a refill if it was only the first glass I drank? The meal had not even come out yet.

"Uhhh, no thank you. I'll just eat my food and not drink anything else for the rest of the meal." :rolleyes:

Maybe you want a different drink? Maybe you want water?

Sounds like she just caught you in the middle of your menstrual cycle.

Black2KGSR 06-23-2007 08:06 PM

yeah, my point was you had no reason (from what you told us in you OP) to be that annoyed. You're just being an ass 'cause you got embarrassed that your card got declined.

98CoupeV6 06-23-2007 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by yellowbastard (Post 3539033)

What a fucking little girl.

puffy 06-23-2007 08:50 PM

I had similar situation where the waitress entered my experation date as 2059 when it was 2009 and she said did EVERYTHING correctly.

Snoopy 06-23-2007 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by puffy (Post 3539085)
I had similar situation where the waitress entered my experation date as 2059 when it was 2009 and she said did EVERYTHING correctly.

did you get irate too?

KirkLS 06-23-2007 08:59 PM

I get pissed when I don't get refills too. You see its down by the ice. Either take the cup and refill it or bring a fresh glass of soda. Its not that hard.

98CoupeV6 06-23-2007 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by puffy (Post 3539085)

experation :rofl:

SUPER LAUBO 06-23-2007 11:58 PM

quit being a girl..... someone sounds like they had a case of the Mondays.

it's a simple question to ask if you wanted a refill. get off your high horse, your royal highness.

LT 06-24-2007 10:54 AM

Wow. Sounds like someone had to prove to their gf that they can handle any situation.

Joe 06-24-2007 02:11 PM

I can just imagine myself sitting at the table next to you and seeing you blow up. That would be fucking hilarious.
''your machine is fucked up, my card is fine grrr!!!'':mad::madr:

KirkLS 06-24-2007 02:19 PM

Maybe the strip is messed up. My old card use to always mess up. It had to be tried like 5 or 6 times sometimes. Just pulled out the cc to take care of it:hsdunno:

Civic2Scooby 06-24-2007 02:19 PM

so you got mad cause some waitress said a card was declined..but then the other one worked fine.....but you NEEDED her to know the other one was legit by actually going through the trouble of making a scene? Sounds a bit fucked to me.

brtecson 06-24-2007 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby (Post 3539442)
so you got mad cause some waitress said a card was declined..but then the other one worked fine.....but you NEEDED her to know the other one was legit by actually going through the trouble of making a scene? Sounds a bit fucked to me.

ditto. your card didnt work and it wasnt her fault. it sounded like you were blaming her for your card not working. and drinks being served before you finish the previous one is a "premium" restaurant type of thing.

98CoupeV6 06-24-2007 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby (Post 3539442)

:werd: somehow I missed that part. I thought the 2nd card got declined too :oh:

Anthony 06-24-2007 03:09 PM

I guess this is on par with the fucked up restaurant/waiters thing.

So me and a few buddies of mine went to ESPN Zone for my friends birthday. There were about 10 of us so gratuity was automatically included. We saw the waiter a total of 3 times, didn't even come back to refill our drinks. Fucking I hate automatic gratuity. Fucker didn't even work for it, he came once at the end to pick up plates and drop off the bill. We had to ask him to get refills for our drinks. Even if its automatic you should have to work for that shit.

KirkLS 06-24-2007 03:34 PM

Thats BS that its automatic. I can understand it for the group of people but do the work. Dont just take off since you know a tip is guaranteed

Anthony 06-24-2007 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by KirkLS (Post 3539491)
Thats BS that its automatic. I can understand it for the group of people but do the work. Dont just take off since you know a tip is guaranteed

Yeah next time I'm going to ask for the manager. Even if the tip is automatically added into the bill fucking work for it. I'm sick of that shit, you'll get stiffed on tip if you didn't work for it, what the hell else is the purpose of tipping if you don't pay for the service being well. I was on the verge of telling everyone to pay everything but the tip and bone out.

98CoupeV6 06-24-2007 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 3539476)
I guess this is on par with the fucked up restaurant/waiters thing.

So me and a few buddies of mine went to ESPN Zone for my friends birthday. There were about 10 of us so gratuity was automatically included. We saw the waiter a total of 3 times, didn't even come back to refill our drinks. Fucking I hate automatic gratuity. Fucker didn't even work for it, he came once at the end to pick up plates and drop off the bill. We had to ask him to get refills for our drinks. Even if its automatic you should have to work for that shit.

:dunno: If I see gratuity included, I walk the fuck out.

hitman619 06-24-2007 05:19 PM

i was at TGIF in rancho san diego about two months ago

5 people that got seated after us
got their food before us:mad:

went and got the manger and got half off the meal:)

The restaurant industries as a whole sucks ass right now,
do to the fact of the quality of people they have to hire:(