Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

thinking about getting a job at costco v.anybody?

Old 06-10-2007, 08:42 PM
sinthetiq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about getting a job at costco v.anybody?

i dunno where i keep hearing this, but ive heard costco is THE place to be employed. they have top job satisfaction ratings, super benefits, and a competitive hourly wage. any truth to this?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
2001TEGGSR

Did you know?…..
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. We are proud to have been named by Washington CEO Magazine as one of the TOP THREE companies to work for in the entire state of Washington!
What are you looking for in a career?
  • Exciting opportunities
  • Personal and career growth
  • Friendly and supportive work environment
  • Stability
  • A workplace focused on ethics and obeying the law
  • Great benefits
  • Click here to review typical job descriptions.
Costco offers all these and more!!
Merchandising is the lifeblood of Costco, and our business is centered around our warehouse operations. Most employees begin their careers in the warehouse setting, becoming experts in Costco merchandising and operations. But the company also offers diverse career opportunities at our home and regional offices in many other areas as well, such as Accounting, Buying, Graphic Arts, Journalism, Information Systems, Human Resources, and Law, to name a few. Additionally, Costco is dedicated to recognizing and rewarding employees for their hard work and loyalty. In fact, the majority of our management teams are promoted from within!
Costco and You - A Perfect Fit!
If you are an ambitious, high-energy person who enjoys a fast-paced team environment laced with challenges and opportunities, you've come to the right place. Our successful employees are service-oriented people with integrity and commitment toward a common goal – excellence in every area of their personal and business lives. Read on to discover how to pursue employment opportunities with us. Costco offers great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work!

WAREHOUSES, DEPOTS AND OTHER BUSINESSES
  • If you are interested in an hourly position at any of our existing locations (except Puerto Rico), please apply online by clicking here. If your desired location is open for business but is not listed, you can apply at the location directly. (Currently, other businesses include: Contact Center, Costco Wholesale Trading, Packaging Plants, Meat Processing, Costco Home, and Business Delivery)
  • For Puerto Rico locations, please click here for an application (in a PDF format).
If you are interested in employment at one of Costco's new locations that is still under construction, you should be able to apply online approximately 12 weeks prior to opening. Click on the link above (bullet one), enter the nearest postal (zip) code to that location, and look for the listing. If the location is not listed, then the site is not yet accepting applications. We appreciate your interest and patience.
REGIONAL AND HOME OFFICES
Costco is committed to promoting from within the company. The majority of our current home and regional office team members are "home grown." This means that they started in our warehouses, depots and business centers, learned the business and moved up within the company. This philosophy also ensures promotional opportunities for motivated individuals.
Today, we have Accountants, Lawyers, Buyers, and Human Resources Personnel who began their careers as a Stocker or Cashier in one of our locations. We believe that Costco's future officers are currently working in our warehouses, depots, business centers, as well as in our Home and Regional Offices.
If this career path sounds challenging and exciting, we welcome you to apply at one of our locations.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OPPORTUNITIES Our home office, located in Issaquah, Washington is also the site of our INFORMATION SYSTEMS DIVISION. For employment opportunities in IS, please send your resume to Costco IS Jobs.
We want YOU to be part of our team!
Costco is an equal employment opportunity employer as well as a drug and alcohol free workplace.
http://www.costco.com/Service/Featur...086&lang=en-US
Old 06-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

a bunch of people i work with at sam's club have come from costco. While the pay and benefits are good... i guess management sucks. and it seems to depend on the club in question. average pay for employees = $15-17. and you start at $10. here anyway.

Last edited by Samson; 06-10-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:42 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Applying now actually..
Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 PM
dubcac
I

I heard it's like $10/hr to start FYI
Old 06-10-2007, 09:51 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dubcac
I heard it's like $10/hr to start FYI
thanks for the info, Ill be sure to mention it!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:41 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

one of kimbo's friend works there. she's a cashier, worked there for a few years and gets over $20/hr with full benefits.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:42 AM
MQue
We got this

Originally Posted by sinthetiq
i dunno where i keep hearing this, but ive heard costco is THE place to be employed. they have top job satisfaction ratings, super benefits, and a competitive hourly wage. any truth to this?
I've heard the same from people in the police dpt and fire dpt. The guy who owns costco only wants a small salary, he wants the rest of the money to go back into the company for the employees. I think thats great
Old 06-11-2007, 12:46 PM
HawtPants
the one and only

free samples at noon! :run:
Old 06-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

am soooo applying