Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Married crew v. wedding planning help

Old 05-13-2007, 09:22 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Married crew v. wedding planning help

So I'm getting married in a little less than 4 months and I have a ton of stuff left to do. So far, we've got the ceremony and reception sites picked out, the guest list has been made, we picked out our colors, and our rings have been purchased...and that's about it so far. I just want to get some (serious) input from you guys. If you have any suggestions for anything, just let me know. This just seems pretty overwhelming right now so I want to simplify things as much as possible and really get the ball rolling.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:23 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Looking for input as what else to do or input as to what should I do for _______ ?
Old 05-13-2007, 09:25 PM
dubcac
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Let her handle everything
2. Drink a beer
Old 05-13-2007, 09:27 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Just things I should keep in mind when choosing a photographer or florist. How to cut costs on stuff while still keeping everything nice. Any particular stores or websites that might be of help for groomsmen's gifts or decorations...I don't know, just anything that could be of help. :shrug:
Old 05-13-2007, 09:29 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Originally Posted by dubcac
1. Let her handle everything
2. Drink a beer
Good plan...except that I kind of screwed up and gave her my input on some things. Now she wants me to help with the planning. No auto-pilot for me now FTL.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:59 AM
GSRchick714

Make sure you reserve your sites for the ceremony and reception ASAP if you have not done that yet.

Book a photographer, florist, videographer (if you want one), caterer (if needed).

She needs to get her gown and bridesmaids gowns probably need ordered.

Find a bakery for your cake.

Figure out where you're going for your honeymoon...book the flight/reserve the hotel.

Figure out what invitations you want and finalize the guest list. If you're sending out "save the date" notices, do it ASAP.

Think of ideas for wedding favors for the guests as well as favors for the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

Book a DJ or band for the reception.

There's a lot that goes into planning a wedding, I'm doing it now. :dunno:
Old 05-14-2007, 05:15 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

hire a wedding planner
drink a beer
????
profit
Old 05-14-2007, 06:08 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Well my wife and I got married in a park, the ceremony was performed by a notary public, my dog Flower was in attendance...we just walked into the park and had the ceremony, the notary was her boss. As we were getting done a bus tour came through the park. She had the staff from the Psychiatric Dept there and I had my friends from commercial fishing...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 05-14-2007, 06:16 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

If you have a DJ, then nevermind.

If not, then what I did was burned about 6 cd's worth of music. First 2 cd's were dinner and slow dance cd's. I numbered them #1 and #2. Then the other 4 were more up beat dance music. Numbered them accordingly, that way I can just pass off the cd's to any monkey and it's REALLY easy to know what to play. Just slap em in the changer and have disc 1 and 2 on repeat till dinner and slow dance is over. Then set the other 4 to repeat. We set them to repeat just so we could bunch them together and have it ignore 1 and 2. I don't think we actually were there long enough for them to repeat.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:28 AM
HawtPants
the one and only

^ use a laptop instead :hsugh: